User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User roosville
(learned) Thu 23-May-13 09:34:02
Print Post

Lesson in leaving.

[link to this post]

I just signed up for BT unlimited. It was a hard decision, here since 2006.
What happened:
Informed that the discount is no longer active by the £29 bill arriving in lieu of the normal £19 (thanks). Phoned as previous years to continue at £19 but the max discount is 15%, so effectively told to swallow the cost. I immediately went looking for somewhere else…
What SHOULD happen:
Plusnet email me that my discount is ending, explain the Madasafish business can't carry on being discounted but they can offer to migrate me to Plusnet unlimited with my FTP area and domain for £17 /month in a painless way. I would possibly have agreed straight away.
I'll find out if BT was a mistake. The support staff here should be proud of what they do, the BT support is a joke, so I'll hope the service just holds up. That said, the 6 month discount, available hotspots (I don't have data on my mobile but I have an ipod) and the sports was too persuasive. I can see that in 18months I’ll possibly be back but for now so long and thanks for all the fish….
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-May-13 18:39:19
Print Post

Re: Lesson in leaving.

[re: roosville] [link to this post]

I recently renewed my BB package (no line rental or calls) the monthly cost increased by fifty pence but it wasn't for the usual twelve months, this time it will run for ten months it was the best deal that could be done.

Any substantial discounts or retention deals with madasafish (cough) Plusnet will probably only happen if you take a voice + line package along with the BB, but as my exchange is 20CN it limits the discounts available.

Will see what happens nearer the end of the year but I guess I'll be looking for a new ISP.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User devcs2
(newbie) Fri 24-May-13 18:10:21
Print Post

Re: Lesson in leaving.

[re: roosville] [link to this post]

My discount disappeared from my latest bill yesterday, so I phoned COT to get it back. I ended up moving BB only to Plusnet unlimited for less per month than my discounted MAAF bill.

I was connected to Plusnet within 6 hours with my existing router.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to