User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Mon 22-Jul-13 17:23:32
Print Post

MAAF and same old Plusnet incompetence

[link to this post]

Another day, another story from a MAAF/Plusnet customer.

Customer wants to leave, asks for MAC

Eventually gets MAC (typical PN leaving it til the end of the 5th day for zero reason - we all know it takes a second to generate it).

Customer gives new ISP the MAC

Customer gets e-mail from MAAF saying they've had a BT cease for the phone line

Customer e-mails new ISP

New ISP says "not sure why, we're only migrating broadband - can't possibly migrate phone line from a MAC for broadband. I'd call MAAF"

MAAF say they don't do the phone line for the broadband (correct)

Customer checks who they pay for line with, and indeed it's confirmed there's no issue.

MAAF support asked again why they've got this e-mail, no useful or meaningful response.

Customer asks if they can keep (even if paid) existing e-mail account on @globalnet (yeah, that's how old an account it is), and MAAF say that the new provider will sort this out (sorry, how?)

Don't tell me that YET AGAIN there is a need to "Educate an Agent" (all of them as far as I can see...)

Utterly unhelpful support, and they wonder why the customer is leaving.

Every experience I've ever had where I get told about PN (or the various brands it has) is the same mix of outright lies, interesting bending of the truth and intentional vagueness (at best).

Is it REALLY reasonable to expect that MAAF support aka Plusnet are unable to advise a customer correctly about what they can do about the old e-mail address they have which is BLATANTLY not a separate domain that can be transferred etc (the only circumstance which would make sense of the comments made except even if true would be a nonsense as the customer had only asked to migrate broadband).
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Mon 22-Jul-13 22:50:30
Print Post

Re: MAAF and same old Plusnet incompetence

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

This wasn't by any chance a migration to an SMPF service was it?

I had something similar recently where I migrated one of my Plusnet broadband connections from Plusnet to an SMPF service and also got an email about ceasing my voice line.

I've been told that this is a limitation of the Plusnet automated systems in that they assume that the line has been taken over completely.

It took many calls and arguments with support to convince them that my voice line was still with Plusnet.

I even got into an "Oh yes it is, oh no it isn't" situation with a member of the options team who was adamant that it was impossible for the voice line to remain with them with a TalkTalk marker on the broadband.

My post on the community site has remained unanswered. From the latest tickets I'm assuming all will be OK now confused
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Jul-13 07:54:47
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

It's from BT Wholesale to O2 LLU but it still wouldn't have anything to do with the phone line.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Tue 23-Jul-13 07:59:51
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by therioman:
It's from BT Wholesale to O2 LLU but it still wouldn't have anything to do with the phone line.

You do mean sky don't you o2 ceased as a provider when sky took over.

So sky may have also taken control of the phone line full llu?

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 50db on adsl2 or 53.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Jul-13 10:40:33
Print Post

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

No, I mean O2 LLU.

Sky took over O2's retail service. They did not take over the O2 Wholesale LLU service.
  Print Thread

Jump to