User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Enceladus
(member) Thu 01-Aug-13 02:18:00
Print Post

TR069 auto-configuration on MAAF

[link to this post]

I have an advisee, for want of a better word, who is long term MAAF. She is now without service for the best part of two weeks.

The Internet light on the technicolor was red whilst the Broadband was green. And nothing she tried would get Internet access. So I had her do a factory reset. Now the Internet light stays off. The reset has set the broadband login to tr069@plusdsl.net. But the technicolor does not auto-configure.

Is the PlusNet ACS login shared with MAAF?
Or should there be a MAAF ACS login?

She is under the impression that the router was setup to use the old style mf??????-mf@go-broadband.com login and the original password. However I don't recall that being input when she first got the technicolor from MAAF, about a year ago. I think that the ACS must have been working at that point, but don't know what ID and password ACS handed out.

Any manual input of a broadband login errors out with" Connection could not be established. Authentication failed.". The ACS just seems to have stopped working.

Also there does seem to to be any option to check status or switch ACS on and off in her account profile on the MAAF website.

Any ideas?.

Edited by Enceladus (Thu 01-Aug-13 02:38:03)

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 01-Aug-13 09:11:50
Print Post

Re: TR069 auto-configuration on MAAF

[re: Enceladus] [link to this post]

TR069 failure is quite common. Try the bt_test_user@startup_domain login to see if that gets an external WAN IP , then bt_test_user@whateveryouthinkthisbitis to see if you're getting that bit right.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Aug-13 14:50:04
Print Post

If the maaf login details are known can another router be obtained to check for a connection?

Alastair

omadasafisho

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Thu 01-Aug-13 17:30:41
Print Post

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the issue, all MAAF customers should be able to connect via tr069 but only some via the plusdsl.net realm.

With that in mind feel free to DM me the username if you know it and I'll make sure we get them sorted.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Enceladus
(member) Sat 03-Aug-13 01:30:23
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by yarwell:
TR069 failure is quite common. Try the bt_test_user@startup_domain login to see if that gets an external WAN IP , then bt_test_user@whateveryouthinkthisbitis to see if you're getting that bit right.

Thanks for all the responses. bt_test@starttup_domain works.
I did not get a chance to try another router and as it turned out it would have made no difference. Following a call to support it transpires that the ID to be used is mf??????-mf@go-broadband.com and the password is the password used with myaccountname@madasfish.com to login to the web server. The tech further advised that likely the original password had llikely been "changed" and would no longer work.

I have no idea which "realm" this customer is in. However if the router defaults to tr069@plusdsl.net after a factory reset i suggest that it is reasonable to assume that the ID is the correct one for auto-config.

Furthermore the customer never manually configured the technicolor for broadband access. The connection was established by tr069 auto configuration. The only manual change was to rename the SSID to something meaningful to the customer.

So there are several issues.
Once again MAAF/PlusNet have messed with the broadband credentials by changing or deleting what was a valid password and crucially have never informed the customer. So the customer just finds themselves cut off for no apparent reason. And then MAAF support tries to intimidate the customers by threatening big BT charges if an engineer has to be called out. This is not the first time that I have had to intervene where the login credentials have been changed with no warning.

And it seems that the tech was not surprised and knew damn well that the password had been changed or deleted.

And secondly changing the password should not have caused such problems. A factory reset should have and apparently does trigger auto configuration on the router. However the handshake with the ACS server.does not happen. Why not? The router was supplied by MAAF for use on a MAAF branded service. Maybe PlusNet have pushed an inappropriate firmware update? Who knows?

This is simply not good enough.
  Print Thread

Jump to