User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dmpfran
(newbie) Sat 03-Aug-13 13:31:44
Print Post

Broadband Usage

[link to this post]

The support service page states that there has been an issue with 'my account' not displaying broadband usage. This is supposedly now fixed, but my account is still showing zero kb for August. Is anyone else having an issue ?.
As we have just received a sky now tv box and used the total film offer (very good btw) my daughters are streaming every film going so I would like to check my usage ! smile
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Aug-13 16:15:39
Print Post

Re: Broadband Usage

[re: dmpfran] [link to this post]

Just checked My Account and the total usage history is showing for August 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 03-Aug-13 16:54:14
Print Post

A 2 hour film used just under 3gb on my connection via Now TV. Unless you are on unlimited broadband streaming is extremely difficult to do on a regular basis. If your connections slower, the quality will be less & hence the usage far less. My connections the full 80Mbps so I am downloading at the highest quality I would assume.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sat 03-Aug-13 16:56:57)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dmpfran
(newbie) Sat 03-Aug-13 22:07:11
Print Post

Thanks for the replies. Support suggested rebooting my router (I guess to get another ip address) and that seems to have done the trick. 5 Films streamed on now tv has used 5.6gb (quality was good) on my ~13mb/s adsl broadband
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Aug-13 08:59:47
Print Post

Ah well at least you can now monitor the daily usage with all that streaming available to the family.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User dmpfran
(newbie) Tue 27-Aug-13 17:30:22
Print Post

Hah, Just received an email saying that I have blown by 50gb monthly limit, even though my usage page shows 34gb. I'm not that impressed as they are now billing me at £2/gig. I have raised a support ticket, but it has made me think that its time to switch to another provider (been with freenetname since it started).
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Aug-13 21:05:55
Print Post

Just checked the broadband usage page in My Account and it confirms the warning emails that I am 1.49GB over my monthly usage figure.

Looks like I'll need to check out higher GB BB packages if it starts to happen too often.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Wed 28-Aug-13 06:40:01
Print Post

I just moved to plusnet on unlimited cheaper than my 50gb package on maaf as the discount offerd was not as good as last year. Kept my old globalnet email and free domain by paying £1.69 a month on top could have kept the globalnet email for free.

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 50db on adsl2 or 53.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
Standard User dmpfran
(newbie) Wed 28-Aug-13 12:29:53
Print Post

Support have come back stating that is a known issue and any money taken should be paid back. I will be monitoring closely smile
ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Wed 28-Aug-13 15:03:19
Print Post

Glad to see we got that cleared up for you, let me know if that's not the case or you need anything else checking over.

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to