User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Oct-13 20:30:49
Print Post

So it's goodbye to madasafish

[link to this post]

Well it's been a near faultless BB experience with the madfish for quite a few years, both under the watch of Brightview and then Plusnet.
Customer support from within this forum from Samara (from Brightview days) was excellent and the various PN staff, e.g. James Bailey for a while, who followed on were superb too with the addition of a bit more technical knowledge to pass on [cough] laugh

Anyway it's time to move on to an ISP who offers some VFM packages, more GBs for your bucks, which unfortunately maaf can not provide.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User robski1
(regular) Fri 11-Oct-13 07:59:11
Print Post

Re: So it's goodbye to madasafish

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Hi Alistair,
I have been with Globalnet/MAAF since 1997 but made the move across to PlusNet a couple of months ago. Phone was slightly dearer but the BB was a much better deal. Kept my old email address and the change over was seamless. Even got the new customer deal. Hope all goes well with you.

Robski.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Oct-13 15:00:09
Print Post

[re: robski1] [link to this post]

Cheers Rob and "Snap"!

Mainly due to a bit less income it came down to two choices of ISP, at one point I was thinking of going over to BT for both broadband & phone but decided that the excellent CS I've so far experienced both over the phone and online from Plusnet was the best way to go for me plus the solid but not too fast maaf connection uses the PN network anyway, so that shouldn't change much when I become a PN customer for BB & phone.

Alastair

omadasafisho

Edited by Apprentice (Fri 11-Oct-13 15:00:51)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User robski1
(regular) Fri 11-Oct-13 15:16:50
Print Post

The only thing I had to change were the login details for the router and for signing in to "My Account" page. My webmail access is still via the MAAF site.

Best Regards,

Rob.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Oct-13 14:46:43
Print Post

Update

I've been notified that after the internal migration my Plusnet account has now been activated, it's taken 6 working days (8 if you include the weekend) from when I made the call to the customer options team about a move away from maaf.

I'm not sure but it may have been speeded up after I contacted a member of the Digital Care Team yesterday enquiring how the process was going tongue smile

I'm off to change the username and password etc on my DG834GT and see if I can connect up to the PN network without any issues laugh

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Oct-13 16:36:33
Print Post

Re: Update

Now surfing as a Plusnet customer, don't feel any the worse for it tongue

Alastair

plusnet
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Oct-13 16:59:30
Print Post

Not really sure why it took that long. I used to do MAAF to PN migrations over the phone. It took about 24 hours because it was a case of make a new account and then whack a new request through ECO to change the auth details on the line (which usually completed overnight) and then back to the account the next to to make it active and to deactivate the MAAF one.And then call the customer to let them know it was completed. I lost count of the amount of times I did that smile

Still, that all said, glad you are now with PN, Is James still around? smile

"

Edited by pcoventry76 (Fri 18-Oct-13 17:00:22)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Oct-13 19:17:54
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Is James still around?

Yes .......

But it depends which one you mean out of them all smile

Alastair
plusnet
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 19-Oct-13 09:53:51
Print Post

Welcome to Plusnet Alastair

I went from Waitrose to Greenbee to PN and never regretted it. Saved some cash on the way as well grin

Still have my original Waitrose email address.

Dennis
plusnet Unlimited & talkanytime
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Oct-13 17:35:39
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

Cheers Dennis.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to