User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Sep-15 15:54:09
Print Post

Madasafish RIP

[link to this post]

From http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143839

Important information - closure notice of Madasafish from 15th December 2015

As you may know, Madasafish was bought by Plusnet back in 2007. Over the last eight years you've benefited from our award-winning customer service and now we also want to make sure you're getting the best value for money and access to our latest products and packages. That's why we've made the decision to close Madasafish and give you, our valued customer, an easy no hassle option to transfer your service to Plusnet.

Plusnet is an award-winning broadband provider with a range of products like unlimited broadband, super-fast fibre, phone and YouView TV from Plusnet*. See our list of awards at www.plus.net/awards.

What happens next?

Please call us on 0800 731 7508 to talk through what's on offer and start your move to Plusnet today. If you use your Madasafish email address, we strongly recommend you contact us as soon as possible, as from 15th December you will no longer be able to use your Madasafish service^.

Best wishes,

David Leather
Chief Operating Officer, Plusnet

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Sep-15 16:24:49
Print Post

Re: Madasafish RIP

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Much as predicted. It's a bit rough not being able to continue to use masdasafish.com email addresses - Freeserve addresses are still valid over a decade after it closed and got taken over multiple times!

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Edited by kasg (Tue 15-Sep-15 16:28:48)

Standard User mikebear
(regular) Tue 15-Sep-15 16:52:09
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Re. email facilities.

When Timico did their transfer of COMS customers I lost my facility to use the smtp facility and had to pay a small amount to get Namesco (a previous ISP and present email provider) to set it up via them.
This made me think about getting an additional email provider and I've found GMX to be very good so far and not dependent on any particular ISP.

My old Ontel legacy email stopped working recently after a bout of security warnings by Norton SafeConnect and Firefox. I can't complain as I have had free use of the service for about 9 years.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User georgelnx
(learned) Tue 15-Sep-15 16:53:40
Print Post

Also Plusnet are only emailing affected customers so I can foresee a lot of puzzled and disconnect people in December.

The thread at Plusnet feedback could get very interesting.

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Sep-15 17:02:35
Print Post

[re: mikebear] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mikebear:
This made me think about getting an additional email provider and I've found GMX to be very good so far and not dependent on any particular ISP.

Gmail does everything I need as a mail aggregator. I've got a GMX account but it's probably died.
In reply to a post by mikebear:
My old Ontel legacy email stopped working recently after a bout of security warnings by Norton SafeConnect and Firefox. I can't complain as I have had free use of the service for about 9 years.

Both of my Onetel email addresses still work - just tested again.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Sep-15 17:03:49
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by georgelnx:
Also Plusnet are only emailing affected customers so I can foresee a lot of puzzled and disconnect people in December.

Not only that, but they haven't emailed the primary madasafish.com mailbox, only a secondary address.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Sep-15 21:09:36
Print Post

What about freenetname email and domains will they likely go up the spout as well?

Tim
www.xilo.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Sep-15 21:42:24
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
What about freenetname email and domains will they likely go up the spout as well?

I don't know, this hasn't been communicated very well at the moment. There is no reason why those services should not continue, but I think you would be well-advised to migrate away where possible.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User BREWERDAVE
(regular) Wed 16-Sep-15 08:50:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by kasg:
Much as predicted. It's a bit rough not being able to continue to use masdasafish.com email addresses - Freeserve addresses are still valid over a decade after it closed and got taken over multiple times!
[/quote

Not true for everyone -my Freeserve.co.uk address was discontinued a few months after I left HORRANGE with no warning !!
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Sep-15 08:55:15
Print Post

[re: BREWERDAVE] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BREWERDAVE:
Not true for everyone -my Freeserve.co.uk address was discontinued a few months after I left HORRANGE with no warning !!

Yes, but I am talking about people who are still with Orange, which is a comparable situation to those who move from Madasafish to Plusnet.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to