User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rnewfie
(committed) Sun 18-Oct-15 16:43:49
Print Post

Re: Madasafish RIP

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

It wouldn't be via Nominet, they don't do that sort of thing.
- Yes, you are right. I am re-directed via Netnames - Name changed to Speednames to protect the innocent!

I have followed that link :-
https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/my-details/
and it has my globalnet email address as my email contact address, but the Payment Details refer to a bank account not used for years!
I have received nothing from Plusnet/Madasafish/Globalnet relating to Madasafish's demise.

If I were you I would move it all to a proper web hosting service

Why would I need to do that when I am already paying Plusnet for hosting my website?
The problem I have is that I am using a globalnet email address which is available via Plusnet. I am paying Plusnet for hosting my website on Madasafish; and Plusnet won't tell what will be available post December.
Standard User bit_bucket
(learned) Sun 18-Oct-15 18:46:26
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

I have a disabled relative who has a Freenetname domain with webmail, which he accesses through the Madasafish customer portal.
He hasn't had any notification either.
He opened a support ticket four weeks ago, just after I spotted this thread and informed him, but hasn't as yet had a reply to that either.

Lizzie
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Mon 19-Oct-15 12:04:28
Print Post

[re: rnewfie] [link to this post]

To allay some concerns:

Those who haven't received any communication appear to have non-subscription, or Justmail accounts.

To my knowledge, there are no immediate plans to do retire these services; focus is on subscription paying broadband and/or phone customers.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
Partner with us :: Our network :: Service Status
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rnewfie
(committed) Mon 19-Oct-15 14:14:57
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

Thanks for that. Can you catagorically state that based on my setup, as detailed above, I don't need to do anything and that all of the above will work post December, without any change needed on my and/or Plusnet/Madasafish.
To my knowledge, there are no immediate plans to do retire these services

No disrespect Bob, but 'to my knowledge' is not really enough. Can you please confirm this officially.

PS - Over 3 days now after I raised a ticket on this subject, there is still no response! Was it just Madasafish which is closing down, or Plusnet too! wink
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Mon 19-Oct-15 15:41:55
Print Post

The letters/emails that have been sent out are definitely nothing to do with Justmail/non-subscription accounts, so yes - you'll be fine smile

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
Partner with us :: Our network :: Service Status
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User rnewfie
(committed) Mon 19-Oct-15 18:34:33
Print Post

Thanks Bob.

I appreciate your input, but I am not convinced that Madasafish rolling into Plusnet won't affect me somehow and I am therefore copying this thread for future evidence should it be needed.

Generally, I don't understand how Plusnet support works anymore!
After 2 1/2 days, I eventually receive an update on the ticket :-
'Please be advised that you've raised this question on your Plusnet account and not your Madasafish, and I would be unable to discuss anything specific to that account in question.' - This is just fending off a problem. Surely to God, Plusnet Support could answer this question seeing as I am a paying customer of Plusnet, not Madasafish.

The only quality support seems to come from a forum on Thinkbroadband!
Plusnet's ticketing system is dire and Plusnet's own forum doesn't get responded to by Plusnet staff.
A very strange way to run a business!
ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Wed 21-Oct-15 12:55:25
Print Post

Hi rnewfie,

Sorry to hear you've had some difficulties with support.

We do have to be careful and can't answer questions about the details of one account when raised from another but I do appreciate in what you're saying.

Feel free to reply or even PM me with any questions you might have.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 23-Oct-15 20:08:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by rnewfie:
Thanks Bob.

I appreciate your input, but I am not convinced that Madasafish rolling into Plusnet won't affect me somehow and I am therefore copying this thread for future evidence should it be needed.

And a post on a forum can be used as evidence how exactly?

Don't be so childish - behaviour like this will drive ISPs away from the forum.

AAISP Home::1
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Tue 27-Oct-15 10:29:34
Print Post

Thanks bob

That would explain why my I have not heard a thing for my just mail account

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 49db on adsl2 or 52.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
Standard User duncanzibar
(newbie) Fri 13-Nov-15 23:01:21
Print Post

Hi,

I've only discovered this news today! I'm rather shocked by it. I have a Madasafish Max Plus Broadband only subscription service for 10yrs now and haven't received any communication that this will be discontinued!

What's going on? I've opened a ticket but judging by the comments on here it's unlikely I'll get a reply.

Maybe I'm not affected, hence the lack of communication.

Regards

Edward Duncan
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to