User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
  Print Thread
Standard User JamesK
(regular) Thu 09-Oct-08 10:05:01
Print Post

Set-up own router with Orange Broadband

[link to this post]

Hi All,

A friend of mine is using Orange Broadband with their supplied USB modem. He wants to move over to a wireless router.

Can anyone give me the connection details for setting up the wireless router. username, password, vpi/vci, etc, etc. I can't find anything on the Orange website on this other than setting up their own router.

Many Thanks...
Standard User smiler_j
(committed) Thu 09-Oct-08 12:30:05
Print Post

Re: Set-up own router with Orange Broadband

[re: JamesK] [link to this post]

From the Orange web site

router settings

If you choose to use an Ethernet modem / router, the correct connection settings are:

encapsulation:

PPP over ATM

multiplexing method:

VC-Based

virtual circuit:

VPI=0
VCI=38

modulation:

Multi mode

authentication:

CHAP

MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit)

In case of problems with a third party router, change MTU to 1492 (Livebox default setting)

by name by nature
Standard User XRaySpeX
(member) Thu 09-Oct-08 19:46:57
Print Post

Re: Set-up own router with Orange Broadband

[re: JamesK] [link to this post]

Each particular model of router has its own access username (like admin), password and IP addy pre-configured at the factory; they should be indicated on the router label or in user manual. You should then change the password and, maybe, username to your own.

That should be all you need, other than choosing your encryption method and key for the wireless network and setting your ISP username and password in the router

I had no trouble setting up a Netgear DG834G wireless router to work with Orange, replacing my Speedtouch USB modem. No additional software was needed on the PC.

Edited by XRaySpeX (Thu 09-Oct-08 23:51:36)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to