User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User superdrew123
(regular) Mon 27-Dec-10 12:12:20
Print Post

enjoying orange so far

[link to this post]

thought i give orange some credit for renewing my faith in broadband ISP's.
I was with Sky Connect for 12 months and it was the longest 12 months of my life! capped every nite at 5 o'clock till midnight to a pityful 0.5Mb d/l and during the day it would only manage upto 4Mb where i can get a possible 8Mb.......the reason i went with connect is because its all i could get where i live, so anyway long story short.
been with orange a month now, d/l speeds day and night are 7-8Mb no slow down after 5 o'clock, cod black ops is full 4 bars almost all the time, i d/l at 750-800K a second and everything is absolutely spot on!!!!!

happy days smile (for now anyway)
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Dec-10 14:31:51
Print Post

Re: enjoying orange so far

[re: superdrew123] [link to this post]

Are you on LLU or IPStream?

What is your exchange?

Please post your router stats?

I am interested in whether Orange are putting new customers on LLU where it it is available.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User ironnapper
(committed) Mon 27-Dec-10 22:39:41
Print Post

[re: superdrew123] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by superdrew123:
thought i give orange some credit for renewing my faith in broadband ISP's.

happy days smile (for now anyway)

You must be one of the lucky ones, as I have no faith at all in them, quite the opposite, my experience is that on many counts they have gone over and above being useless!

MAC code coming to me very soon I hope, never again...I'm about to pay £20 per month as the free service I have with them is not worth it smile

Well it's actually £5 for 'unlimited' for what it's worth

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ironnapper
(committed) Mon 27-Dec-10 22:46:20
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Lightning fast as usual....so unreliable, but they always say they are providing because the livebox says so and so does the Indian handbook of Tech Support

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1087111597.png
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Dec-10 00:03:59
Print Post

[re: ironnapper] [link to this post]

Well, as you replied to my simple Q to OP, how do you account for me getting 18.5 Meg thro' my new Netgear router?

I cannot fault Orange LLU except for their abysmal CS which I've no call for smile

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User ironnapper
(committed) Tue 28-Dec-10 01:05:47
Print Post

Sorry was meant to follow on to my last reply to the OP.

How do I account for 18.5 meg...not sure LLU maybe, no LLU here, tried a brand new router as seen many bad things about livebox but still up and down like a yo-yo.

How do you account for this, further test : http://www.speedtest.net/result/1087227265.png

And your right CS, useless is an understatement, is it a bunch of indians having a laugh in a flat somewhere.....sounds like it.

I was them 3 nights on the trot the other night and could list many issues but biggie was after 55 mins on the phone with no results and a lot of holding, they had no record of this call the following night.

To be honest, any record to be fair would be an utter waste of time
Standard User vf12vf
(learned) Tue 28-Dec-10 10:09:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Well, as you replied to my simple Q to OP, how do you account for me getting 18.5 Meg thro' my new Netgear router?

I cannot fault Orange LLU except for their abysmal CS which I've no call for smile

Got to agree with the above, with the exception of Pants CS, my connection has been faultless, im currently syncing @ 19350 down and 1300up.

only noticed a couple of slowdowns when using Usenet, but it only goes down to around 8mb which is acceptable to me, i was very hesitant on going over to Orange but its seems to have worked out for me.....but i have been reading that all new users are being put on to the IP stream which is not good! im a year in to the 18mth contract and no complaints.....
Standard User Steeley_96
(newbie) Tue 08-Feb-11 11:37:25
Print Post

[re: ironnapper] [link to this post]

Orange CS rep told me the other night that they no longer have call centres in India. As I am looking at various providers atm, is this not true?