User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User silverfoxxxx
(learned) Wed 13-Apr-11 13:13:45
Print Post

Orange changeover issue?

[link to this post]

Just done a bt speed test and i'm showing as

Download speedachieved during the test was - 7788 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :15320 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 828 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 8000 Kbps

Does this mean i have been put on an 8 meg connection?, this is the morning of my change over to BT line.
The cabinet is 21cn enabled so was hoping for a straight swop at my existing speed which hit 12 - 13 meg.

Thanks
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 13-Apr-11 14:13:19
Print Post

Re: Orange changeover issue?

[re: silverfoxxxx] [link to this post]

No, your connection speed is 15.3 Meg. What was it before on LLU?

You are being limited by BT's laggy IP Profile, probably as it works out the fastest speed your line can support. As Orange says you may need to wait 12 days while your connection speed fluctuates.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
(learned) Wed 13-Apr-11 14:51:22
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

My downstream sync speed on orange was practically the same as it shows today on bt network, it has gone up very slightly. My upstream has dropped by 1/2 meg compared to orange.

Any idea if the 'unlimited' stays the same once moved to bt?I do download a fair bit and have not and any issues with orange llu with this, I heard people on orange through a bt line where restricted a lot more.

Edited by silverfoxxxx (Wed 13-Apr-11 15:55:50)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 13-Apr-11 17:19:20
Print Post

Orange has never been "Unlimited". It has always operated a FUP, generally believed to have a 40GB threshold.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
(learned) Wed 13-Apr-11 17:36:02
Print Post

Strange are you sure that was on llu?, as i do well over 100 each month and have hit nearly 300 a couple of times and had no issues at any time of the day or night with being throttled.

Just done a speed check after getting in and found i'm now down to 4 meg, must be the busy time of day that i never had a problem with whilst on llu!!
This would be really annoying after coming from llu if it is the norm to be throttled during busy periods, wonder if i can get out of my contract and go with another llu provider based on the changes, will have to wait and see once everything has settled i suppose.

As you may have guessed i find this whole change a right pain in the ass as i had absolutely no problems with the way orange ran their llu service to me.
(learned) Thu 14-Apr-11 12:25:55
Print Post

Will i be stuck on an 8 meg profile unitl the fastest speed is determined or will this change over the 12 days?.

I was amazed when going from 2 meg to 8 meg years ago and now it just seems to take ages to download anything at that speed...
(learned) Thu 14-Apr-11 21:28:43
Print Post

Now down to an amazing 2746 Kbps in two days i've lost 10 meg.

Does anyone know if other comapanies are taking over the orange llu equipment in the exchanges, currently the only other llu provider is talk talk on my exchange.
Standard User iand
(experienced) Sat 14-May-11 14:07:05
Print Post

Just because it is talk talk LLU, does not mean you may be limited to using talk talk. See vivaciti or xilo or ??? as some of them use the talks talk LLU exchange equipment to run their service, separate from talk talk itself.

IanD
  Print Thread

Jump to