User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vf12vf
(learned) Sun 24-Apr-11 21:37:49
Print Post

Orange light on router..used to be green

[link to this post]

Hey all,

Just noticed that my ethernet port light is now Orange, it used to be green. i have changed the cable to a different port but the light still stays Orange. Afetr Googlin the prob i found that its the link status that is now at 10mbs, the green light supposedly means 100mbs. the setting is set to auto, i have tried to set it to 100mbs full duplex but the connection goes and the light just blinks.
the router has re-synced in the last few days a couple of times, i have tried rebooting the router but same thing....is this something that Orange have changed or a PC setting....the PC is brand new, all components are new so hopefully not a mobo problem!

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 17470 kbps 1276 kbps
Line Attenuation 23.5 db 13.5 db
Noise Margin 5.0 db 6.9 db

was syncing at 19000 before ... Firmware is GT team firmware.
Netgear 834gt

Thanks
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Apr-11 23:55:47
Print Post

Re: Orange light on router..used to be green

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

You realise that Orange have recently moved you from LLU to BT's 21CN WBC? Hence, probably, your lower sync and discons. I am plagued with them frown

However, your ISP has no control nor involvement in your LAN or WLAN connections; only you do.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User vf12vf
(learned) Mon 25-Apr-11 09:31:06
Print Post

Re: Orange light on router..used to be green

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

Yeah, i have been reading the problems hence why i thought it could be ISP, but i seem to have sorted it out now, i unplugged router and left it off for 5 mins, when i swithced it on i then started PC and it all came back to normal.....

Sync is still a couple of meg down on what it used to be, i will reboot the router later to try and get it back to what it was.....hopefully the ornage switchover wont come to me any time soon as its the only LLU provider at my exchange !

thanks for reply..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to