User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jul-11 15:04:04
Print Post

Orange on the ball

[link to this post]

Hi, I just got this email from Orange. Things are looking up, even more improvements. I think this broadband, mobile phone, landline phone and line rental must be a good earner. They are certainly pulling out all the stops.

Welcome to an even better
broadband service

Hello ANTHONY

Here’s some good news about your broadband.

We’ve made lots of improvements to make life easier for you.
For example, we’ll send you emails and texts to let you know:

when your broadband has been transferred to your new home
when your credit card is about to expire
about any plan transfers you’re in the process of making

In addition, our Customer Services will now be able to handle your calls even more efficiently.

see all our improvements here

We look forward to offering you an even better service.

Best wishes
Harry Wilson
Director of Operations

visit our home page

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User smurf46
(regular) Fri 15-Jul-11 15:51:29
Print Post

Re: Orange on the ball

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Sorry? Don't know how your e-mail got so delayed, but I noticed the slight changes to the control panel several months ago; and Orange would call to let me know of "progress" and ring after faults from several years ago, and have always had CLI.

EDIT: Generally I've always found their call-handling good (especially if you can use an Orange mobile), staff helpful within their limitations and e-mail response has improved, but my view is they lack the tools, skills and resources necessary to keep up with the market (i.e. a money issue, and where your service is provided by others, now BT, you get what you pay for, and to me they've lacked contract management skills).

I'm afraid (and I'm not an Orange hater, they're reasonable for what they are - a cheapn'cheerful ISP) this looks like more re-invention to me. There's no investment, they're obsessed with debt repayment (try reading their quarterly financial reports - which considering their parents are two of the most indebted companies in an indebted Europe, isn't surprising, but inevitable). So yep, the marketing is basically all that's left for a virtual ISP (like Virgin phones - their Chief Executive's old outfit). It's not a criticism, but I think we have to understand what they are and be modest in our expectations.

Edited by smurf46 (Fri 15-Jul-11 16:17:18)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jul-11 20:13:39
Print Post

Re: Orange on the ball

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Pure window dressing when they still have abysmal phone support and when the performance of your BB is the priority.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to