User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User CJ8
(regular) Sat 13-Aug-11 09:54:28
Print Post

ADSL Max to 21CN

[link to this post]

My exchange was 21CN enabled last month in preparation for FTTC and I know some people on Plusnet who've been moved onto 21CN.

Any ideas how long it's likely to be before Orange migrate my ADSL Max connection to 21CN?

I'm on a legacy up to 8Meg product but should get full 8Meg sync on ADSL2+ compared with current 6Meg on ADSL Max.
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Aug-11 10:30:48
Print Post

Re: ADSL Max to 21CN

[re: CJ8] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CJ8:
My exchange was 21CN enabled last month in preparation for FTTC and I know some people on Plusnet who've been moved onto 21CN.

Any ideas how long it's likely to be before Orange migrate my ADSL Max connection to 21CN?

I'm on a legacy up to 8Meg product but should get full 8Meg sync on ADSL2+ compared with current 6Meg on ADSL Max.
Hi, I would imagine it to be slower if migrated from 8Meg Max, if you’re on Orange LLU they migrate your connection very quick to WBC.

I would prompt Orange if you are on 8Meg Max and tell them you want your connection migrated to Orange WBC 20Meg. smile

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User CJ8
(regular) Sat 13-Aug-11 10:41:43
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Thanks. I'm wary of calling them in case they misunderstand and move me onto the more expensive current product, cancel my second line and lock me into an 18 month contract!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Aug-11 11:00:49
Print Post

[re: CJ8] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CJ8:
Thanks. I'm wary of calling them in case they misunderstand and move me onto the more expensive current product, cancel my second line and lock me into an 18 month contract!
Oh yeah! They would do that to put you on 20Meg WBC. Not sure about the second line whether that still works, maybe someone will clarify.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/broadband/compare-all/ If session closed, click again. wink

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User CJ8
(regular) Sat 13-Aug-11 11:54:54
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

I'm pretty sure they will remove second line if I move to any of the new current products. My attenuation is 41dB so an up to 20M product won't go much faster than 8M anyway.

It would be nice to get the full 8M on my current product and I assume Orange or BTW will migrate 20CN customers onto 21CN eventually, if only to save costs and/or free up capacity on the BT Centrals. I was hoping it would be sooner rather than later, but maybe not.
  Print Thread

Jump to