User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mittenkrust
(member) Sat 13-Aug-11 19:08:30
Print Post

Throttling P2P on LLU?

[link to this post]

I share my neighbours Orange connection and he hardly ever uses it as he owns a old pc and just goes on youtube sometimes or facebook.

I have done some heavy downloading recently(as in a month ago) and since then the P2P speeds have gone down to a fraction of what they were, and I know its just his connection since I still have my own and it maxes out and his only maxes out on direct downloads from a website(and straight away)

So do you think they have throttled due to high download in a short period?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Aug-11 20:18:25
Print Post

Re: Throttling P2P on LLU?

[re: mittenkrust] [link to this post]

Doubtful he is still on LLU as Orange has handed its BB over to BT and he may very be no longer on ADSL2+ if his exchange is 20CN only.

What exchange and can you get hold of router stats?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
(member) Sat 13-Aug-11 20:41:55
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I cant access router as I dont have admin password and he has lost the documentation on how to find it.

Its Ayr exchange

It could be 21CN since he was on 8 meg till about Feburary this year then it shot up to 18 meg and 21CN WBC was enabled here end of last year

I am on SKY LLU and literally seconds I change over to mine it maxes out at about 16 meg speed on P2P

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Aug-11 20:57:58
Print Post

[re: mittenkrust] [link to this post]

Data caps and download limits
What are the download/upload limits or data usage caps on this product? Orange Broadband is an unlimited service, with no data usage limit

Is traffic management used in relation to heavy users? No. Orange doesn’t restrict heavy users’ connections, nor does it apply surcharges

Section 2: Traffic management to optimise network utilisation
(what happens during busy times and places in addition to traffic management as described in section 1)

Is traffic management used during peak hours? Yes
When are typical peak hours? Weekdays: 6pm to 11:30pm Weekends: 5pm to 11:30pm

What type of traffic is managed during these periods?
Traffic Type
Blocked .... Slowed down ... Prioritised
Peer to Peer (P2P) Slowed down

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
(member) Sat 13-Aug-11 21:04:00
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It used to be fine all day though thats the strange thing, and even now its still slow at 2am but a little better i.e instead of going at half a meg it goes about 1-2 meg shared over whatever I am downloading even if its something like openoffice and well seeded.
  Print Thread

Jump to