User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User shrimper1
(regular) Sat 20-Aug-11 21:41:44
Print Post

Orange - credit where credits due

[link to this post]

I recently emailed a summary of fluctuating broadband speeds, monitored for a 3 month period, to Orange Customer Service - some of the peaks & troughs were @ 80% variance. I also mentioned we were experiencing more "line-drop outs" than ever, and that we had an old router. Without hesitation, they emailed back within 24 hours, and advised that I would receive a new router within 48 hours. After months of ineffective diatribe from Orange Customer service, it appears they are turning over a new leaf. Or is this the influence of their merger with BT?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 20-Aug-11 21:47:28
Print Post

Re: Orange - credit where credits due

[re: shrimper1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by shrimper1:
Or is this the influence of their merger with BT?
You appear to be suggesting France Telecom has merged with BT.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User phionexex
(newbie) Sat 20-Aug-11 22:25:00
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

bt have there net work after they could not afford to run it so BT run orange network

Edited by phionexex (Sat 20-Aug-11 22:27:03)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Aug-11 22:28:44
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In effect, they have!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 20-Aug-11 22:32:50
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In effect, they have!
Actually, they merged with t-mobile - Deutsche Telekom wink

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sun 21-Aug-11 09:39:23
Print Post

Hi shrimper1, Orange have not merged with BT, Orange have changed direction of their broadband operations. Orange have closed down their broadband LLU network and moved their broadband customers on to BT 21CN WBC 24Meg and 8Meg Max network and 61 Orange staff will also reportedly transfer over to BT.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1266487/O...

http://www.newstatesman.com/technology/2010/04/-oran...

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadband/357307/orange-...

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Sun 21-Aug-11 09:57:56)

Standard User Spacemanc
(regular) Tue 23-Aug-11 00:28:21
Print Post

Because BT is a model of fantastic customer service? I'd rather use Morse code than ever experience BT's customer service again.
Standard User shrimper1
(regular) Wed 24-Aug-11 14:37:31
Print Post

I recently emailed a summary of fluctuating broadband speeds, monitored for a 3 month period, to Orange Customer Service - some of the peaks & troughs were @ 80% variance. I also mentioned we were experiencing more "line-drop outs" than ever, and that we had an old router. Without hesitation, they emailed back within 24 hours, and advised that I would receive a new router within 48 hours. After months of ineffective diatribe from Orange Customer service, it appears they are turning over a new leaf. Or is this the influence of their involvement with BT?

As promised, a brand new NETGEAR router arrived from Orange a couple of days ago to replace our old SIEMENS Gigaset. Just got round to making the dreaded swop over, but to my amazement it took just minutes, as It was a case of just plug in and play - well for our main computer anyway wink My son's wireless connection may involve the security stuff, but we'll cross that bridge when he gets in from work.

Now to speed issues, which lead to this router change; following are two results just taken on new router, compared to most recent on old router:-
Date Day Downstream Upstream IP Address Connection
24/08/11 14:12 Wed 5137 Kbps 937 Kbps xxxxxxxxx my home DSL
24/08/11 14:02 Wed 5198 Kbps 947 Kbps xxxxxxxxx my home DSL
24/08/11 12:21 Wed 5222 Kbps 388 Kbps xxxxxxxxx my home DSL
24/08/11 03:03 Wed 5223 Kbps 388 Kbps xxxxxxxxx my home DSL

Not much change to previous Download, but three times Upload !
Will continue to monitor for the next few days.
Standard User ironnapper
(committed) Sun 11-Sep-11 00:52:49
Print Post

I recently emailed a summary of fluctuating broadband speeds, monitored for a 3 month period, to Orange Customer Service - some of the peaks & troughs were @ 80% variance. I also mentioned we were experiencing more "line-drop outs" than ever, and that we had an old router. Without hesitation, they emailed back within 24 hours, and advised that I would receive a new router within 48 hours. After months of ineffective diatribe from Orange Customer service, it appears they are turning over a new leaf. Or is this the influence of their merger with BT?

We have had probably the worst performance ever in the history of having ADSL from various providers in different locations.

I can give the no credit whatsoever, they don't need to send me a new router, I just plug in a brand new one and it's still garbage, last two days have been murder.

Some of the speed tests were the lowest I have ever seen, made 56k look like the future!
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-Sep-11 10:44:50
Print Post

[re: ironnapper] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ironnapper:
We have had probably the worst performance ever in the history of having ADSL from various providers in different locations.

I can give the no credit whatsoever, they don't need to send me a new router, I just plug in a brand new one and it's still garbage, last two days have been murder.

Some of the speed tests were the lowest I have ever seen, made 56k look like the future!
Hi ironapper, what is your exchange? You must be on Orange 8Meg IPStream and have a hell-of-a-long-line, to be only getting dialup speeds.

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to