User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User shrimper1
(regular) Tue 27-Sep-11 19:36:39
Print Post

Re: Orange - credit where credits due

[re: shrimper1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by shrimper1:
In reply to a post by shrimper1:
I recently emailed a summary of fluctuating broadband speeds, monitored for a 3 month period, to Orange Customer Service - some of the peaks & troughs were @ 80% variance. I also mentioned we were experiencing more "line-drop outs" than ever, and that we had an old router. Without hesitation, they emailed back within 24 hours, and advised that I would receive a new router within 48 hours. After months of ineffective diatribe from Orange Customer service, it appears they are turning over a new leaf. Or is this the influence of their involvement with BT?

Update today ......... following test was taken around 7pm this evening. The download speed was low 'cos approachimg peak time.
However the upload speed was 25% higher than recorded for weeks (@ low usage times), and my max upload capability has suddenly increased by 0.3 Meg.
Hope the progress continues!

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
5033 Kbps

0 Kbps 21000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5033 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4000-21000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :15400 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1112 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 13000 Kbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
882 Kbps

0 Kbps 1112 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 882 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 1112 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to