User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Aug-11 14:35:59
Print Post

Orange landline phone charges

[link to this post]

Hi, Orange have changed their phone charges to correspond with BTís you now only get free phone calls between 7:00pm and 7am.

Orange standard telephone rates are considered to be the rate applied to the Orange home phone service during the day 7am-7pm.

http://www.orange.co.uk/terms/internet/homeservices/...

And you no longer get 2 hours free talk-time now only 1 hour same as BT.

**Fair Use Policy applies. Unlimited UK anytime calls includes calls of up to an hour to numbers beginning 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 but excludes calls to these numbers made from the Channel Islands.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/broadband/compare-all/ If session closed, click again.

I have only just noticed this after an extra £6 went on my landline phone bill. frown

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User smurf46
(regular) Tue 23-Aug-11 15:12:35
Print Post

Re: Orange landline phone charges

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Yep, Orange sent a round-robin e-mail giving several months prior notice of these changes (as they usually do, one of their better features) though you might need to check your junk folder regularly, as they do have the habit of binning their own round-robin e-mails!

No-0ne was ever convinced by what I said, but by what they understood.

Edited by smurf46 (Tue 23-Aug-11 15:15:00)

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Aug-11 15:58:26
Print Post

[re: smurf46] [link to this post]

Thanks, I found the email they sent 21 April 2011, it says will apply from 26th May. I obviously didnít scrutinise it enough, I seeÖ

Inclusive calls are subject to a 60 minute maximum duration per call. To continue making inclusive calls simply hang up
and re-dial.

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 24-Aug-11 07:39:55
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

That makes sense, seeing how they've moved over to BT and abandoned their own equipment.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Aug-11 11:53:53
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

They never had their own phone kit; they are still BT WLR lines.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 24-Aug-11 21:08:23
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I never said they did, but they've probably negotiated a new package deal with BT as they've abandoned their LLU.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Aug-11 00:08:12
Print Post

Exactly! I see you have now changed your tune and stumbled on the true probable cause grin; not directly cuz they abandoned their LLU but more specifically cuz they made a deal with BTw to supply their BB.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 25-Aug-11 00:42:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Exactly! I see you have now changed your tune and stumbled on the true probable cause grin; not directly cuz they abandoned their LLU but more specifically cuz they made a deal with BTw to supply their BB.
They had to make a deal because they abandoned their LLU, not the other way round.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Aug-11 00:48:55
Print Post

You don't know, but you may have the last word as usual.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 25-Aug-11 00:54:15
Print Post

Obviously, I do.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to