User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ianhaylett
(newbie) Fri 26-Aug-11 10:06:32
Print Post

Should I? Shouldn't I?

[link to this post]

Hi all - I have been thinking about changing my provider from PlusNet (£17 pm but I keep breaking the 60GB limit thanks to our obsession with iPlayer running on way too many devices). I have narrowed things down to BE and Orange, with Orange being the cheapest by far (£10 up to 20meg and unlimited) . But there are so many bad stories out there about Orange.

So my question is simple - Should I join Orange? Yes or No?

Thank you!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Aug-11 11:45:12
Print Post

Re: Should I? Shouldn't I?

[re: ianhaylett] [link to this post]

What's your exchange?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Aug-11 18:20:51
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Hi XRaySpeX, will you go into Orange > your account > home broadband > (change your package) and see if it says the same as it does for me having been on legacy Orange LLU up to 20Meg.
It states I am now on Max up to 2Meg you can change to 20Meg. Strange as I have never been on Max with Orange, only was on Orange LLU 20Meg and now on 20Meg WBC. No wonder the script monkeys are confused when members phone up. frown

http://www.orange.co.uk/

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Aug-11 18:38:20
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

That says:
Your current home package is: Home Select - £12.26 a month, up to 13 Meg speed, wireless router, unlimited usage allowance (fair use policy applies)

We've checked out your line and your estimated speed is 11.5 Meg..
but under "find out more about speed" it says:
speed information
The speed estimate at registration or the speed we have measured on your line is 2.0Mb.
confused

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sat 27-Aug-11 04:20:06)

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Aug-11 19:10:19
Print Post

Hi Ian, I had TalkTalk, Plusnet and Orange on my list and chose Orange for price and because it is unlimited and up to 20Meg speed. Orange was 20 Meg LLU when I joined them fourteen months ago, I am now on 21CN WBC 20Meg.
Only join Orange if your exchange has been upgraded to 21CN WBC.
I use BBC iPlayer without any slowdowns while surfing the Net, I have TV connected by Ethernet to my router.

With my previous ISP, I got fed up with usage allowance and having to pay £5 for another 5Gig usage allowance. tongue

BT 21CN WBC https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/B...

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Fri 26-Aug-11 19:42:45)

Standard User ianhaylett
(newbie) Fri 26-Aug-11 21:48:57
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Selby, North Yorkshire
Standard User smurf46
(regular) Fri 26-Aug-11 23:36:53
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
It states I am now on Max up to 2Meg you can change to 20Meg. Strange as I have never been on Max with Orange, only was on Orange LLU 20Meg and now on 20Meg WBC.

A sideline to thiis thread, but Orange were working on their systems last night: back to the future , no doubt.

No-one was ever convinced by what I said, but by what they understood.
Standard User Spacemanc
(regular) Sat 27-Aug-11 03:29:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by ianhaylett:
Hi all - I have been thinking about changing my provider from PlusNet (£17 pm but I keep breaking the 60GB limit thanks to our obsession with iPlayer running on way too many devices). I have narrowed things down to BE and Orange, with Orange being the cheapest by far (£10 up to 20meg and unlimited) . But there are so many bad stories out there about Orange.

So my question is simple - Should I join Orange? Yes or No?

Thank you!

This was my experience :

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/freeserve/f/4010665...

Like others have said, only do it if your exchange is 21CN. If it is, then you should be very happy - particularly with the price. The £150 cashback I got through quidco has dropped to £70 at the moment, but the amounts change week to week, and often get repeated, so if you are not in a major hurry it might be worth waiting a little while to see if they offer the £150 cashback again.
  Print Thread

Jump to