User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Sep-11 23:10:38
Print Post

Orange Simply Broa\dband

[link to this post]

Evening

Could someone tell me whether Simply is LLU?

and

If I sign up as a customer and take a PAYG phone , and assuming I keep the phone in credit, Do I have to top up to get the discount and if so how often?

Thanks

Steve

o2 Premium
Peak download 15.24MiB/s
Peak upload 905 KiB/s
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-11 00:20:01
Print Post

Re: Orange Simply Broa\dband

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Orange no longer does LLU. They now resell BTw White Label BB (not to be confused with BT Retail Total BB). You should be put on 8 Meg IPStream ADSL Max on 20 CN exchanges or 20 Meg WBC ADSL2+ on 21 CN ones.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User smurf46
(member) Tue 06-Sep-11 04:47:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by blfamily:
If I sign up as a customer and take a PAYG phone , and assuming I keep the phone in credit, Do I have to top up to get the discount and if so how often?

See the Simply Broadband terms, here http://www.orange.co.uk/terms/internet/homeservices/... (open PDF link and also follow link on the PDF and look for the phone fund PAYG terms on the page which opens, which means opening another PDF). Watch carefully when this "phone fund" allowance expires (Clause 3/9) but please check first!!

The Orange Broadband areas are, I believe, BT's 21CN exchanges, so if your exchange is still 20CN it's £10 more. This all raises a general point: read the Orange t&c's carefully so you know the small print! They're masters at it.

No-one was ever convinced by what I said, but by what they understood.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-11 10:48:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by blfamily:
Evening

Could someone tell me whether Simply is LLU?

and

Thanks
Hi Steve, if you want 20 Meg home broadband only join Orange if your exchange has 21CN WBC.

Orange do not use LLU anymore, it has been replaced with 21CN WBC 20 Meg broadband, which I find gives the same speed. wink

To get the £5 per month reduction off the home broadband price, you must have Orange 1 month or 12 month mobile phone contract or PAYG with minimum £1 in your phone fund (per month I would think, it is not made very clear). grin

Simply Broadband Plan

Phone Fund

PAYG - Phone Fund what is it?

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User hairybarsteward
(newbie) Thu 08-Sep-11 15:45:54
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Its been replaced by either 21CN or IPStream. Having 21CN at your local exchange is no guarantee that Orange will supply it, my exchange has had 21CN since March this year but when I press Orange for details of when I will be moved from the appalling IPStream I don't get a straight answer which leads me to think that there is a cost reason behind this. A note to Orange, stop messing your customers about, come up with the treats you promised instead of just nasty tricks, provide routers that work properly (not just the garbage that someone sells to you on the cheap) and maybe your customer base will stop shrinking, but then that's too sensible for anyone at Orange to understand. Idiots.

Live fast, Die ...Auld!!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Sep-11 08:43:19
Print Post

[re: hairybarsteward] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hairybarsteward:
Having 21CN at your local exchange is no guarantee that Orange will supply it
No, but it is more likely for new customers and those previously on > 8 Meg LLU.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sat 10-Sep-11 10:06:21
Print Post

[re: hairybarsteward] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hairybarsteward:
Its been replaced by either 21CN or IPStream. Having 21CN at your local exchange is no guarantee that Orange will supply it, my exchange has had 21CN since March this year but when I press Orange for details of when I will be moved from the appalling IPStream I don't get a straight answer which leads me to think that there is a cost reason behind this. A note to Orange, stop messing your customers about, come up with the treats you promised instead of just nasty tricks, provide routers that work properly (not just the garbage that someone sells to you on the cheap) and maybe your customer base will stop shrinking, but then that's too sensible for anyone at Orange to understand. Idiots.
Hi, you being on the appalling 8Meg IPStream and you say your exchange has 21CN WBC 20Meg speed, have you tried the upgrade route with Orange.

Maybe Orange do not want customers to upgrade, I clicked on Regrades and it donít work. crazy
http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/a...

Get your no tricks price and speed today. Enter your landline number above and we can work out the best speed and price for your area. wink http://tricksvstreats.orange.co.uk/?r=orange_onlineshop

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
  Print Thread

Jump to