User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Nov-11 18:08:25
Print Post

LCP Server Up & Down like a YoYo - Known Issue

[link to this post]

From July, when Orange sorted out my connection speeds, until Oct. I have been getting a good fast, 18-19 Meg, and reliable connection. It could go for over a week without any disconnections.

Since about the beginning of Nov. I have been getting frequent disconnections, until yesterday it was disconnecting every few minutes. Even today it is disconnecting about every hour or two. The Router reports that the LCP server is going down constantly. I also notice that my NMs are all over the place.

I phoned Orange and they admitted it is a known issue with many users reporting the same problem. They are investigating and hope to have it fixed soon.

While he was on the TS guy wanted to test my line and found it OK. Not surprising! What's the point of testing line when they know very well there is something amiss with their server?

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User shrimper1
(member) Thu 17-Nov-11 21:36:17
Print Post

Re: LCP Server Up & Down like a YoYo - Known Issue

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

mine's been connected for the last 35 hours, but I have not disconnected myself for a week or so.
Standard User jinger
(regular) Fri 18-Nov-11 16:15:30
Print Post

I've had problems for the past 7 weeks now. I get several disconnections per day where my router log shows 'LCP Down'. I've had 6 so far todayfrown

My broadband also goes down and back up again whenever I receive a call on my landline.

Also anytime after 2pm my D/L speed has been dropping from above 14mbps and the lowest I'd recorded it is about 700kbps! I've had 3 BT engineer call-outs, had my master socket changed for one with a filter in it (didn't make a diference). I've been moved at the green cabinet and had my bRAS profile changed. Oh and I've had a new router and filters. After my bRAS profile was tinkered with I was getting a steady 17.5mbps download speed for about 5 days and no drops due to congestion - bliss I thought! Then yesterday my internet went down and reconnected with a D/L connection speed of 286kbps but an U/L connection speed of 1126kbps and stayed the same since :-/

I've had 2 engineer visits cancelled with no explanation, lost count the amount of times I've spoken to Level 1, 2 and 3 Tech Support to get this sorted and done way over 50 speed tests.

I've even been advised by the last BT Engineer to change ISP to one that is LLU'd at my exchange as he thinks the problem lies in the connection from the exchange onwards and not between me and the exchange and BT have no idea how to fix it.

I would like to vote with my feet but am reluctant to move ISP incase I still have the same problem.

In a world where everything is a copy .... I remain an original
Born free.... Taxed to death!

Edited by jinger (Fri 18-Nov-11 16:17:09)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Nov-11 17:43:41
Print Post

[re: jinger] [link to this post]

Yes, BB also discons upon incoming call ringing, as well slight occasional shushing on voice.

Might be bit early to say, but connection now been up for 8.5 hours (a record since beginning of month), incoming call does not discon, no noise on voice, error rate decreasing and NM rock solid. Will wait till tomorrow and re-sync to get best speeds and assess error rate.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Nov-11 17:49:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by jinger:
I've even been advised by the last BT Engineer to change ISP to one that is LLU'd at my exchange as he thinks the problem lies in the connection from the exchange onwards and not between me and the exchange and BT have no idea how to fix it.
It is/was and BT seems to have fixed it [fingers crossed].

Any ISP or quasi-ISP can have temporary issues; the point is do they listen and fix it ASAP.

Standard User jinger
(regular) Fri 18-Nov-11 21:18:35
Print Post

I've read somewhere that BT have reported outages and degredation to service at several of the main servers/exchanges (or whatever they're called) dotted around the UK including the one I'm connected to (from Lincolnshire, then to Peterborough, then to Milton Keynes where the problem apparently was for my area code) and they've reported to have fixed whatever the problems were.

The fix date for Milton Keynes was apparently 28/10/11 but that was before the BT Engineer told me they had no idea how to fix the problems and after I originally started having problems.

Hey-ho, here's hoping they get it all sorted sooner rather than later and hopefully this side of Christmas smile

In a world where everything is a copy .... I remain an original
Born free.... Taxed to death!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Nov-11 21:51:32
Print Post

Re: LCP Server Up & Down like a YoYo - Known Issue -EDITED

There was this nationwide outage on 3rd Oct: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/f/4049660-b... if that's what you are referring to, it did not affect me similarly for a couple of days, but is not now.

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 18-Nov-11 22:06:36)

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Nov-11 09:40:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Even today it is disconnecting about every hour or two. The Router reports that the LCP server is going down constantly. I also notice that my NMs are all over the place.

I phoned Orange and they admitted it is a known issue with many users reporting the same problem. They are investigating and hope to have it fixed soon.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Hi XraySpeX, I also experienced the intermittent broadband connection dropouts on Thursday, it must have been a general fault affecting many customers.

Orange WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Nov-11 13:40:02
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Yes, it looks like similar to the nationwide outage on 3rd Oct but this time it hasn't leaked to the Media frown.

I forgot about that when I 1st posted but it only affected me for 2 days so I wasn't too bothered. This time it's gone on for weeks for me frown.

Now the connection has been up for 28 hours; so it looks like they fixed it. Anyway, I've just rebooted the router to see how it goes. It's given me the faster Sync I've ever seen, I think:
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 19213 kbps 888 kbps
Line Attenuation 26.0 db 14.1 db
Noise Margin 3.5 db 15.1 db
This is on Interleaved. Note the 888 kbps Up Sync, which the theory has is the highest that BTW WBC syncs at on Interleaved.

Standard User edinburgh2011
(newbie) Tue 10-Jan-12 12:08:55
Print Post

try changing settings: from pppoa vc-mux to pppoe llc; keep the other values same: VPI and VCI 0, 38
  Print Thread

Jump to