User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shrimper1
(member) Thu 17-Nov-11 21:29:41
Print Post

It's official - BT Traffic manage

[link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4882-shocker-prov...

but BT OpenReach have not managed to turn up yet tonight for my after hours peak usage speeds check/investigation frown

Hope the engineer has not read this article, and is now too embarrassed to turn up wink
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Nov-11 23:00:11
Print Post

Re: It's official - BT Traffic manage

[re: shrimper1] [link to this post]

Has nothing to do with you; it's BT Retail ...
The traffic management carried out by BT Retail is distinctly different to any management (if any) carried out by BT Wholesale on its white label services.
Won't matter if BT eng fails to turn up. He can't do anything at your home to resolve low peak speeds; it's all at exchange and beyond.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Thu 17-Nov-11 23:03:44)

Standard User shrimper1
(member) Thu 17-Nov-11 23:41:52
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Ha, but UK Orange CS @ our local BT OpenReach are still confident they can do something for us, providing BTO turn up when they are meant to. One thing I noticed on SamKnows tonight, was our FTTC date has been put back from March 2012 to 31/12/2012. This is really poor, as the three BTO engineers that have visited our house during the last 4 weeks, have all said it was being pulled FORWARD from March 2012. It seems it's all P*** ups and breweries @ EARAY .............. only needs a "B" in front to suggest a link with ale, and @ the risk of boring you further - The Paul Pry pub is coincidentally within spitting distance of said BT Exchange wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Nov-11 23:45:45
Print Post

[re: shrimper1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by shrimper1:
UK Orange CS @ our local BT OpenReach
Where are you saying the Orange CS staff are sited? At the local BT exchange?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User shrimper1
(member) Tue 22-Nov-11 13:30:17
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Eeeeer...... No.
All I know is that I'm now talking to Orange CS in the UK, after weeks of getting no where with Orange (India?). Also, to be fair they regularly call to confirm my case is still "live".
  Print Thread

Jump to