User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Mews22
(newbie) Sat 19-Nov-11 13:59:26
Print Post

Can't access some websites, but can others.

[link to this post]

I've been having some issues with connecting to the internet the last few days. Orange refuse to help because I am not using their router (basically it broke and I bought my own replacement). They are also denying that it's their problem despite a neighbour a few doors down from me also with Orange and also has the exact same problem for the last few days.

I can sometimes access certain websites and sometimes not. Examples are Amazon, BBC News, Facebook, etc. Sometimes it will let me in, sometimes it wont. Yesterday it would let me into Amazon. Today it won't. Vice versa with BBC News. Can't get into Facebook today, but yesterday I could. Same with this website on and off the last few days when I have been trying to look at it.

It's also really slow. And some websites are only loading basic information. Where there should be pictures I am getting a box with a red cross in it.

Trying to play games like World of Warcraft is a complete no-no. Won't even let me passed the login screen.

Like I said, a neighbour with Orange has also had the same problem for a few days. Is there anything I can do to get Orange to look into this?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 19-Nov-11 14:14:34
Print Post

Re: Can't access some websites, but can others.

[re: Mews22] [link to this post]

Sounds like DNS. What DNS servers are you using?

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User Mews22
(newbie) Sat 19-Nov-11 14:41:31
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying.

How do I check what DNS servers I am using?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 19-Nov-11 14:58:59
Print Post

Open a command prompt, type IPCONFIG /ALL and look for your network adaptor in the output. The DNS servers are listed there.

If you're using your router as a DNS server, got to your router settings and see what DNS servers it's using.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User Mews22
(newbie) Sat 19-Nov-11 15:04:04
Print Post

For DNS server it says: 192.168.2.1

Hope thats the right thing wink
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Nov-11 15:04:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by Mews22:
How do I check what DNS servers I am using?
Look inside the router. Which one are you using?

If your Orange router is broken, they should replace it FOC.

In what way can't you access some websites? Does it come up with "Page not found" or time out? Then it is probably a DNS issue.

The boxes with red crosses are nothing to do with Orange. They are most likely broken links on the website you are on.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Nov-11 15:05:40
Print Post

The OP has his DNS set in his router more likely than on the PC.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User Mews22
(newbie) Sat 19-Nov-11 15:08:50
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I am using a Belkin router.

It comes up with "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". It's really inconsistent though. Like right now I am connected to Facebook and Youtube with no problems. But it won't let me in BBC News or Amazon or Ebay. Earlier though it was letting me in BBC News no problem.

The boxes with the red crosses I am getting frequently on sites like BBC News (when I get connected to it), and sometimes Ebay as well.

As I said, a relative a few doors down who is also with Orange has been getting the exact same problems the last few days also.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 19-Nov-11 15:14:35
Print Post

Presumably, that's your router (and gateway) address.

Log onto your router at 192.168.2.1 and see what DNS servers it's using.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Nov-11 15:26:10
Print Post

Post the URL of the page you are getting with boxes with the red crosses, when you can get it, and we will see if we get them too.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to