User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jan-12 00:08:12
Print Post

Excellant Support from Complete Loos of Service

[link to this post]

On Thurs. I completely lost my ADSL signal to exchange, not just discons; something broke at exchange perhaps. I connected Orange immediately and they put their Fault Management Team on it.

My connection returned after 5 hours for a bit and then went away again. Orange said they were still testing.

Eventually it came back on Mon. AM with good stats and with Interleaving which I had tried earlier to get Orange to fix me on as it is far less error prone.

What impressed me was that after it was fixed the Fault Management Team kept phoning me (in English) daily to check that it was OK my end and that I'm happy with it smile.

Bit of difference from when I try to report a low speed issue when I have to keep nagging them over the phone and speaking to someone talking Pidgin English who can't even understand the technology and even writing letters of complaint frown.

Seems they get their act together when it's a complete loss of service.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Jan-12 12:31:31
Print Post

Re: Excellant Support from Complete Loos of Service

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It was probably Orange staff at BT who you contacted and the fault would be BT's to fix, nice to know Orange and BT are getting their act together. I reckon we are all guinea pigs on this 21CN WBC networks roll-out. My connection dropped a number of times last week and it changed from fast path to interleaved. Thatís what made me work on the MTU: 1500 and RWIN: 500780 for my connection. wink

http://www.dslreports.com/tweakr/block:362c166?verbo...

http://www.btplc.com/ngb/Rolloutprogress/index.htm

Orange WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jan-12 13:47:04
Print Post

Re: Excellant Support from Complete Loos of Service

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

They did speak of "we and BT".grin
In reply to a post by E7er:
it changed from fast path to interleaved.
What Target NM and Up Sync did you end up on?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to