User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User avriljayne
(newbie) Wed 14-Mar-12 16:30:04
Print Post

Live Box reboot but still no internet

[link to this post]

Hello Folks,
I have to say this is the 1st time in 4 years that my Orange internet has gone down for more than a couple of hours. On Friday I had to unplug due to a dropped connection and it seemed ok. Saturday seemed fine. Sunday it was connecting and dropping constantly. Normal unplugging did not resolve. Finally did a factory reset Monday night. It says it is synchronised but internet disconnected. I also have the slow light flash. My user name and password are definately right. I have had BT do a line test today and that has returned ok. I work until 9-8pm weekdays so cannot cope with another night of going home and trying to fathom it out.
Could this be caused by an outage or does it definately point to a problem in my equipment?

Any advice gratefully received.
Standard User avriljayne
(newbie) Thu 15-Mar-12 08:54:04
Print Post

Re: Live Box reboot but still no internet

[re: avriljayne] [link to this post]

Dear more experienced than me peeps.
I am wondering, as I am new to this forum (and my question has had no replies) have I posted in the wrong thread?
Standard User Zak_
(member) Thu 15-Mar-12 09:16:29
Print Post

Just to check - following factory reset did you re-enter your username and password?

If answer is yes, and you still have no internet then you will need to raise incident with Orange in the first place.

BTW you are in the right forum. I don't think that there is any problem with your router or PC.

Hopefully this thread will be picked up by UKDoc (isp) Gavin Orange Home Broadband - see other threads and he will help you.

Edited by Zak_ (Thu 15-Mar-12 09:22:54)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User avriljayne
(newbie) Thu 15-Mar-12 11:21:30
Print Post

[re: Zak_] [link to this post]

Thanks Zac for your reply. Yes, I refreshed and re-entered my user name and password. I plan to call them tomorrow as I should be able to be at home then (I am posting this from work.)

Kind regards,
Avril
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Mar-12 14:12:00
Print Post

You can see the sync'ed ADSL stats, but have no Internet?

Post the stats just in case.

Sounds like you have failed to authenticate for some reason. Does the router maintain a log? Does that give any clue? Like "LCP down"? That would be Orange's Authentication Server playing up which happens occasionally for a few hours.

Recheck username/pwd.

What BT line test? On voice?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User smurf46
(member) Thu 15-Mar-12 14:59:40
Print Post

If it helps I believe the Livebox log is at the following address: http://configuration.adsl/logadsl.cmd should give you access if you are connected to a switched on Livebox even without an internet connection (ignore any messages from your browser about your connection) and possibly also only v1 where it's not accessible from the UI. You will need the routers login and password as for access to the configuration pages of the router (I believe the defaults unless you have changed them are admin and admin or password, as I can't recall which) and you can cut and paste from the log e.g. to wordpad or any WP programme temporarily until you can get an alternative connection, and then to the forum.

Does your login page show "PPP Server down", which used to cover many sins? On the old Orange LLU it always meant my exchange DSLAM needed an engineer reset, but I never again had the problem on the Orange WBC service which now operates. (Just occasionally the fault would clear if I left the Livebox connected with its slow flashing light for 7 hours or so).

Are you able to swap the filter, if you have one, for a spare one just to check? They can fail over time.

We see things not as they are, but as we are .
- Anais Nin

Edited by smurf46 (Thu 15-Mar-12 15:37:31)

Standard User avriljayne
(newbie) Thu 15-Mar-12 16:02:41
Print Post

[re: smurf46] [link to this post]

Thanks Smurf I will hopefully be able to do this tomorrow. It did show 'PPP Server down' before I did the factory reboot on Monday night.

I will try the filters tomorrow. Luckily I think my laptop and '3' dongle may just be able to get me connected at home tomorrow to report back smile
Standard User avriljayne
(newbie) Thu 15-Mar-12 16:09:37
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Hello XRaySpeX,

Many thanks for your reply. I was referring to the login page regarding it reporting it as synchronised. I have re-checked the user name and password a few times.

The BT line test I did was online from here (at work) and my husband also called BT yesterday early evening.

My next intention was to plug in to the master socket direct and unplug all the house phones?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Mar-12 16:48:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by avriljayne:
My next intention was to plug in to the master socket direct and unplug all the house phones?
Won't make any diff if you are synced! Your extensions are not in the Internet grin

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
ISP Representative UKDoc
(isp) Thu 15-Mar-12 19:14:03
Print Post

Hello avriljayne,

If you haven't already reported this issue, please call on 0844 873 8586*, or call 150 free from your Orange pay monthly mobile. We’re here from 7am-11pm, every day.

This does sound like you need some help from us to fix this.

Best Regards

Gavin

* Calls from an Orange Home Phone are free. Calls from a BT landline or your second line (if you have one) cost 5.1p a minute. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary. Calls may be monitored and recorded for training purposes.

Gavin
Orange Home Broadband

'I am here to help'
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to