User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Thu 12-Apr-12 15:34:43
Print Post

change of security codes

[link to this post]

Hi, I have just installed Brightbox, and it is up and running ( touch wood). My question is can one change the security codes/ passwords etc or are we to keep the ones given to us.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 12-Apr-12 16:29:09
Print Post

Re: change of security codes

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

Yes, change them all. You only can't change the router's own login username ("admin").

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Apr-12 19:38:47
Print Post

Re: change of security codes *DELETED*

Post deleted by E7er

Edited by E7er (Thu 12-Apr-12 19:59:14)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User samulam
(committed) Fri 13-Apr-12 09:44:01
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Yes but how? Is it by going to basic button and entering the new code in place of the old and save the changes? My point is that there is no option to change the codes. However if the security pass word is different for each user (not sure here), is there any point in changing the password?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Apr-12 12:55:44
Print Post

It's just like any other router.

Basic Setup -> Wireless Settings: Change Wireless Password, and SSID if you like, & Save.

Advanced Settings -> System -> Password Settings: Set new Password & Save.

Dunno what you mean by "security code"! Passwords? There are glaringly obvious options to change those.

There are no individual users of a router; they all share it. You are protecting yourself against outsiders hacking your router.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to