I am hoping you would be able to help me as this issue is driving me mad....
I have an Orange livebox and it generally seems to work fine. About once every few weeks, speed seems to grind to a near halt (detected by my internet TV streaming stuttering a lot). A quick restart of the livebox seems to fix the problem. More recently, there have been a number of times (probably once a week) where there is no internet access at all. Again rebooting the livebox fixes the problem. Trouble has been that this has been happening in the day when I am at work and haven't been able to do any decent diagnostics.
Today, we had to switch the power off and when it was restored, the livebox started fine but the laptop couldn't browse the web again. So.,... having poked around a bit I have discovered the following..
1. tried 2 laptops and 2 smart phones, all connect fine to the livebox but none can access the web
2. I can access the livebox homepage(via IPAddress) fine
3. lights on the livebox are all solid except for the arrow one which was flashing and the exclamation mark one was off
4. Went into the admin screens on the livebox and internet connection was fine. I had an IPAddress, it says it had been up for around 20mins and status = "Connected" and 'You are currently: connected to the internet'
5. firmware version is v5.10.7-UK status = full
No joy troubleshooting so I hit the disconnect button on the admin screen and once it had disconnected from the web, hit connect again. As if by magic, all is well again
Anyone have any ideas please?
thanks in advance