User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Apr-12 20:48:16
Print Post

How to get it for £5 per month?

[link to this post]

What is the exchange criteria to be able to get the Orange broadband service for £5 per month?

I know the rules used to be it had to be unbundled with Orange LLU but what is it now?

21CN WBC enabled?

-

Xilo.net Office 8Mb
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Apr-12 21:34:40
Print Post

Re: How to get it for £5 per month?

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

It's not clear! Sensibly it should be 21CN WBC enabled exchanges, but Orange could interpret it as where they did LLU.

Depends on whether WBC covers 85% of all UK homes. Someone here has stats for it. BTw says it intends to enable exchanges serving 90 per cent of UK homes and businesses during Spring 2013.

Also you need to be an existing Orange mobile customer to get BB + Off-Peak Calls for £5 pm.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Apr-12 21:44:10
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Currently WBC is around the 80% mark

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kail
(learned) Thu 10-May-12 17:16:09
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

Only just read your post, hope this is not too late to be of any help.

I have the £5 broadband and i'm on a 20CN 8mb exchange, it did have Orange LLU on it till recently. When I signed up they had already ditched the LLU and gone back to using BT.

I was told when I signed up that I had to be an Orange mobile customer to get it for £5. I use a Pay-as-you-go orange mobile and that qualified me for the offer. You also have to sign up for line rental and phone package. If you have an Orange shop anywhere near you should be able to go in and they will do a check to see if they can offer it to you. That's what I did anyway.
  Print Thread

Jump to