User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Glengavel
(newbie) Fri 11-May-12 10:42:21
Print Post

Contacting Orange Abuse Department

[link to this post]

I don't know if Orange are unique in this respect or not, but getting in touch with the Abuse section is causing me to tear my remaining hair out. Three times I've e-mailed asking for my account to be unlocked* and no reply other than an automated response; customer account and technical support can't (or won't) put me in touch.

As a side note, I've been told the account has been locked due to, variously: an error; abuse; distributing spam; and excessive downloading. Each time I get told something different but I never get told any details. When I queried the excessive downloading I was told "between 100 and 160Gb per month". I'd have to be running downloads 24/7 to clock up that figure.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 11-May-12 13:00:38
Print Post

Re: Contacting Orange Abuse Department

[re: Glengavel] [link to this post]

When you say unlocked, do you mean it does not work at all currently?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 11-May-12 16:14:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I took it that it has been suspended for some sort of alleged breach.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User savamac
(member) Sat 12-May-12 09:22:43
Print Post

Have you considered moving to a quality ISP ?

Worcester Park Exchange http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LSWOR

It's only rock 'n' roll...

Old programmers never die, they just abend 0C4 ..
Standard User hairybarsteward
(newbie) Sat 12-May-12 21:54:13
Print Post

Try emailing their CEO Olaf Swantee at olaf.swantee@orange.co.uk, this should at least get you some contact from the executive office who should be able to help (in theory).
I have had to do this 3 times due to call centre incompetence. The only fly in the ointment was the inability of Orange to get me a successful resolution due to BT refusing to deal with the matter any further because they could not answer my question on why I was getting a lower speed with Orange than I did when I was with Sky (BT ran the service for Sky as well).

Live fast, Die ...Auld!!
ISP Representative UKDoc
(isp) Tue 15-May-12 21:33:09
Print Post

Hello Glengavel,

Can you me your details and I will get this looked at for you. Please include your telephone number for your broadband line and alternative contact and I will get someone to call you back.

Regards

Gavin

Gavin
Orange Home Broadband

'Here to help'
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User stea_uk
(newbie) Fri 17-Aug-12 19:00:47
Print Post

Hi Glengavel

Did you manage to get incontact with abuse@orange.co.uk regarding your issue. I have a simular problem to yours but only have an email contact. But this problem keeps coming around every 6 months.

Thanks

Steve
  Print Thread

Jump to