User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zippothegreat
(newbie) Sat 19-May-12 18:03:14
Print Post

HELP! Orange Home Broadband > One for the Experts :) Part 4

[link to this post]

Hi all

Hoping that we can, along with your help, find out what the hell is wrong with orange home broadbad (again!)

Kit & Info:

Original V1 Livebox
Homemax 8mb
2nd Line
1.5km from exchange
normal download 3-4.2mb
BB connected direct to master socket, no other extensions or BT lines

Stats:

ADSL firmware version : A2pBT009c1.d17d
Connection mode : G.DMT
Type : Interleave
Noise margin (dB) : 6.3
Attenuation (dB) : 45.0
Attainable download rate (kbps) : 7904
ADSL status : Connected [0]

Downstream Upstream
Rate (kbps) 7488 448

Issue:

For the last 10-14 days, the line sync speed has been around 5-6mb, it for the last 7days has show as above stats, around the 7mb mark, sometimes 7.5mb-8mb!

BUT, the actual download is ranging from 0.5-0.9mb, upload is standard slow "upto" 448 range.

Have tried 2 new Liveboxes (1 refurb & 1 new) 1 new Netgear 1000sp, removing everything (including a corded phone) from the BT socket, leaving the box after ORANGE L1 TS reset the profile, contacted Orange PSTN dept who have run a "line test" for noise, speed, yadayada! (with no issues found) yet the DL is STILL less than 0.5mb...

Can someone, please, please explain how the hell this can happen? We have been having issues with Orange since day dot, but due to the massive amount of use on the 2nd line to free mobiles & international calls, have stuck with them, even after 3 years of "oh its your router" or "oh its a leaf on the phone line" and every other scripted answer you can expect!

Have spent hours and hours on the phone, trying to get something done as far as BT line check (only thing I can think of!) to see if even though Orange say there is not an issue, there is!

ANY ideas, anyone (including the forums new Orange CS poster!) what it can be... seriously either need to solve it, or find out if it is Orange playing "DIRTY" to get all the 2nd line owners pi55ed off enough to move onto the NEW type of inclusive call package, before they cut the service off soon anyway!

Cheers all smile
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-May-12 20:45:15
Print Post

Re: HELP! Orange Home Broadband > One for the Experts :) Par

[re: zippothegreat] [link to this post]

Paste the full results of this test.
(newbie) Sun 20-May-12 11:16:06
Print Post

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

Sorry, seems like there are a number of issues around at the mo!

Speedtester java call errors! (tested on 4 dif browsers, lots!)

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after response has been committed
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1078)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:396)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:232)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.16 logs.

Anyway, after waiting to get back online at the premises, here are the last stats guys!

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.73 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7.49 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6 Mbps

As can be seen by the madness above, this is crazy!

Orange L1/L2 BB have both blamed Orange PSTN dept and obviously Orange PSTN dept have blamed Orange L1/L2 BB dept...

PSTN line test has been run again, no faults (according to Orange!)
BB line tests have been run again, no faults (according to Orange!)

Time on phone to Orange, has now exceeded 22 hours... and counting!

The profile has gone up from around 4.5 to 6mb in the last, roughly, 2 months, not sure when as the routers have been off/changed so many times, lost count!

So any ideas??? PLEASE stop me thinking I am STUPID smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-May-12 13:27:02
Print Post

Your IP Profile of 6M puts the blame firmly at Orange's door. Time to move on if they can't find a solution.
(newbie) Sun 20-May-12 13:47:17
Print Post

Thanks DB, however, this is now more principle than just that smile

The technical bit I do not get is how is the Throughput from the actual physical connection (cat6 hi def) router wire, is loosing 5.5-6mb? from router to pc's?

It is synched at 7mb right now, on a 6mb profile (not stuck) but still only showing 0.75mb max physical download (tested with files size V time as well) speed???

Yes can move on, but where the connections are, there is only BT ipstream at the exchange, thus everyone (including Orange) is using the same dSlam and out ports, to make it worse, have contacted a number of other orange users on same exchange V a number of AOL/BT same adsl max users, none have the issue???

So, anymore tech ideas as to what may be causing this issue, or is everyone still lying in bed, drunk from the 2 BIG footie matches in the UK yesterday! smile
(newbie) Sun 20-May-12 16:53:18
Print Post

120 views, no one got any ideas???

Amazingly the grass has been cut in the last 2 hours, the speed has now gone up to...

0.86mb!!! almost enough to go on google wink)

Starting to wonder if there is more to this, like rain / condensation in BT box or DP (just outside house, not a Cabinet) in road, 25ft away from master socket!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
(newbie) Sun 20-May-12 17:53:58
Print Post

Ok, this is like playing hide and seek!

Just got off the phone to orange L2 (not sure if there really is any difference other than the scripts they use!) and ran ANOTHER bt line test...

http://s13.postimage.org/5iv584h6v/20_05_2012_17_44_...

Now this really is back to 9600 dialup days!
(newbie) Sun 20-May-12 18:16:23
Print Post

My Broadband Speed Test

There you go MR ORANGE, even more proof you are talking a load of bull, I know you have been to this thread and also looked at my post, as I encoded the email links to your 5 support team members!

So I WILL continue to post all over the web, especially where it counts!

If it was not for adslguide and peeps like me in the early days, you would not even have have 706k customers!

You are welcome to post HERE in the public, instead of leaving me [censored] VM messages all over the place...
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-May-12 18:50:09
Print Post

Exchange congestion is unlikely if throughput doesn't improve at any time.
As long as your system is malware free, no-one else is continually using your connection and your router, NIC and ethernet cable are all good, your problem is with Orange, not BT or anyone else.
Your IP profile proves that.
(newbie) Sun 20-May-12 19:09:51
Print Post

Cheers again DB!

Glad someone is interested, you can be on my Crystal Maze team if you like!!! I am SO going to solve this one!

Ok, throughput, I was referring to loss, from either the router in the property to the PC or the reverse, after speaking with O and BT users on the exchange, it must be from the outside DP in the path to the prop (I think!)

Technically, I just cannot see what is wrong, have even reverted to Win 3.1 on an old PC, with nothing on it, to see if it was a windows issue.. no quicker!

Also, for anyone else who might help, have SSH'd into a few of my servers and actually monitored the ip load on a file2file transfer, the ftp is even slower!

So, not the PC's, not the OS, but what is it?

Thinking about getting Orange to get Open reach out again to dig it up and lay a fresh run of cable maybe?

Mobile BB is quicker at the mo, running at 856k !!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to