User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User johnybenson
(newbie) Wed 06-Jun-12 20:25:44
Print Post

Trouble connecting to servers/port forwarding issues

[link to this post]

Hi all!

I'm experiencing some problems connecting to servers (game-related usually) through the DGN1000 router I was provided by Orange with our internet.

So far I've tried to operate through a static IP/DNS using a DNS I've got for orange online -
(Primary DNS: 195.92.195.94
Secondary DNS: 195.92.195.95)

The static IP (which I've read is the IPv4 code in my cmd) doesn't seem to work, the internet simply stops working after I've inputted that, let alone with the DNS involved!

I've tried setting up the ports for specific programmes, but so far I've had no luck - I think the static IP etc is the sticking point.

Any advice or help would be really useful, I'm not much of a techy (obviously) so I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edit: I just wanted to add, I've tried using DMZ briefly to see if that alleviates the problem temporarily but it still seems to be unable to operate, should that not fix the port issue (albeit not permenantly)?

Edited by johnybenson (Wed 06-Jun-12 20:28:14)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 06-Jun-12 20:43:17
Print Post

Re: Trouble connecting to servers/port forwarding issues

[re: johnybenson] [link to this post]

Are you trying to connect to a game server on the internet, or are you trying to run a game server on your PC that others can connect to?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
(newbie) Wed 06-Jun-12 21:02:32
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Game servers on the internet, so my recent example is Diablo 3. Sorry if I'm not being clear enough, this is all new to me so I'll try and update with info quickly if it's missing.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 06-Jun-12 21:09:07
Print Post

In fact, Diablo III requires you to forward the following ports: 80,1119,6881-6999.

Here's some instructions : http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwardi...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Edited by BatBoy (Wed 06-Jun-12 21:18:00)

(newbie) Wed 06-Jun-12 21:19:27
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks for the information, I'll go through that guide and phone orange tomorrow being as that guide confirms the need to establish a static IP for it to work.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 06-Jun-12 21:24:53
Print Post

Yeah, it just your PC that needs a static IP address on your LAN, you can set that yourself.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jun-12 00:15:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by johnybenson:
The static IP (which I've read is the IPv4 code in my cmd) doesn't seem to work, the internet simply stops working after I've inputted that
Orange don't do static IPs. What do you mean?

Do you mean you need your PC to have a fixed local (192.168. ...) IP every time? You can do that in the DHCP section of the router by reserving a local IP, outside the DCHP range, to the MAC addy of your PC's network adapter.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
(newbie) Thu 07-Jun-12 11:23:58
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

So, does that mean I'm unable to port-forward as an Orange customer? I believe I need a static IP before portforwarding or DMZ will work.

Edit: Wait I think I see what you mean (god I'm so bad at this)... I've assigned my individual laptop a reserved address (192.168.0.2), if I use that in my laptop's network settings it should work?

Edited by johnybenson (Thu 07-Jun-12 11:25:56)

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jun-12 14:40:30
Print Post

Hi, to portforward you configure a static IP address as instructions…

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

Configure your Netgear DGN1000 for Diablo3 as instructions…

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwardi...

Which Orange router do you have Netgear DGN1000 or Netgear DGN1000SP

Orange router settings...

Primary Server DNS: 193.36.79.101

Secondary Server DNS: 193.36.79.100

maximum transmission unit (MTU): 1500

Orange WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Thu 07-Jun-12 14:55:36)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jun-12 15:49:51
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Easier to set fixed local IP at router, cuz you gonna have to do some work there to ensure no clash with DHCP range.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to