User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BLINDPEW4067
(regular) Sun 01-Jul-12 16:50:27
Print Post

how much to leave orange

[link to this post]

I am on a 24 month mobile phone contract with Orange which ends next month and I will be moving to another provider. I also have a 18 month broadband and phone contract with Orange which ends in 3 months time. Does anyone know how much it would cost me to cancel this contract has I am moving house next month and don't want to transfer this Orange contract to my new address with the possibility of starting a new contract.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Jul-12 18:57:52
Print Post

Re: how much to leave orange

[re: BLINDPEW4067] [link to this post]

3 months total fees less some unspecified something as in:
Cancelling within contract period
£ variable - you will be charged for the total number of months remaining on your package e.g. if you pay £10 a month for your package and you have 6 months left on your contract you would be charged £60 (minus any costs which we no longer incur by not having you as a customer), plus the disconnection fee if you cancel without a MAC code.
which seems to be against OFCOM guidelines.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User BLINDPEW4067
(regular) Sun 01-Jul-12 20:58:58
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Do you happen to know , if I moved my broadband and phone package to my new address would my contract start again from fresh ie another 18 month contract.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Jul-12 22:28:31
Print Post

Yes!
5.2 In the event that you Move, and you notify us that you want to receive your existing Service(s) at your New Home then:
5.2.1 we may terminate your current Service(s);
5.2.2 you may be required to reregister for those Service(s) and you may be required to commit to a new contract with a new Minimum Period;
5.2.3 you may require a New Line;
5.2.4 provided that we can meet the conditions set out in Clause 1.1 and that no other technical limitations apply we will activate the Service(s) to your New Home; and
5.2.5 we may also charge you for our administration and set-up costs arising from your Move and a New Line Charge if you require a New Line.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
ISP Representative UKDoc
(isp) Mon 02-Jul-12 14:34:20
Print Post

Hello Blindpew0467,

I have spoken to customer services and depending on your current package and what you want to move to, you may not need to start a new contract.

Please call on 0844 873 8586*, or call 150 free from your Orange pay monthly mobile. We’re here from 7am-11pm, every day.

Best Regards

* Calls from an Orange Home Phone are free. Calls from a BT landline or your second line (if you have one) cost 5.1p a minute. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary. Calls may be monitored and recorded for training purposes.

Gavin
Orange Home Broadband

'Here to help'
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to