User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User barker04
(learned) Tue 24-Jul-12 21:28:23
Print Post

Orange Broadband

[link to this post]

I am looking to potentially sign up to orange broadband as I already have a mobile contract with them which would mean for basic broadband I would only be paying £5 a month.

I am a relatively heavy user of iPlayer and other on demand services like youtube and spotify.With about 60gb usage a month.

Would really like to get peoples views on how you find orange in general, speeds ,how bad or good the throttling is and how much you download.

There doesn't seem to be a huge amount said on the forums so I don't know if that's good or bad!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Jul-12 00:19:43
Print Post

Re: Orange Broadband

[re: barker04] [link to this post]

I have no trouble streaming. P2P, which I don't use, is all you need to watch out for.

See: Orange Traffic Management

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User hairybarsteward
(newbie) Wed 25-Jul-12 11:48:00
Print Post

Hi barker04,
I would advise checking what is available at your exchange before joining Orange because if I knew then what I know now I would never have considered giving these jokers my custom and the service has gotten worse since they became lap dogs to BT. I have never been lied to so much by an ISP in all my time of dealing with providers as I have with Orange, my advice is keep well clear and save yourself the hassle of having to deal with morons such as this. Examples of their attitude being 1) Been threatened by customer service manager that if I didnt stop pointing out the failures of Orange on forums that the manager would have me sued by Orange lawyers, being told I was lucky my line would even support 1.5Mbps even though I have proof that I had 4.5Mbps from Sky (which BT managed in my area as well), cut off for no reason because I chose to complain to BT as well. These are just 3 examples of a much longer display of incompetence at all levels, from customer service to tech support to the executive office and including outright lies from BT as well.

Live fast, Die ...Auld!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Jul-12 21:07:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by barker04:
I am looking to potentially sign up to orange broadband as I already have a mobile contract with them which would mean for basic broadband I would only be paying £5 a month.
Only if your exchange is Market 3, when my exchange was Market 2 Orange made the additional £10 charged for Orange home broadband on my account.

I am a relatively heavy user of iPlayer and other on demand services like youtube and spotify.With about 60gb usage a month.
Orange is unlimited no throttling of usage, they did state on the website no p2p allowed, but can't find any reference to that now.

Would really like to get peoples views on how you find orange in general, speeds, how bad or good the throttling is and how much you download.
I consider my Orange home broadband value for money with no throttling evenings or daytime. I wouldn't know how much I use, I donít have to take account of that now. I watch BBC iPlayer and 4OD and YouTube.smile

The reason I moved to Orange was because of my previous ISPís restricted usage allowance and the overuse charge of £1.50 per GB or part GB will apply should you exceed your monthly bandwidth allowance.frown

My Broadband Speed Test
Orange WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
  Print Thread

Jump to