User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zippothegreat
(newbie) Fri 10-Aug-12 12:51:53
Print Post

[SERVICE ENDING] Orange 2nd Line > Discontinued Sept 2102!

[link to this post]

As we previously said, 2nd Line has been chopped and will *NOT* be replaced with a similar and/or like4like legacy service for the many thousands of Orange BB customers...

Thought we would post as it seems that Mr Orange has, deemed it fit to start telling all the 2nd line customers from Aug 2012, that you are stuffed and even though you have a number (most are 0845, a few are STD dialling code versions) that you use, have calls in on and that has been given to many friends/family/contacts over the years, you will *LOOSE* it and the 2nd line call package...

FAIR? Mmmm... we think not!
LEGAL? Mmmm.. we think maybe not!
A GOOD MOVE FOR ORANGE? Mmmm... NOT!

So posting here, as this is *THE* best place to get things resolved in the interweb world of ISP and BB companies... *lurkers* smile

Is a replacement and/or *similar* service part of your TOS/T&C with Orange for the 2nd line?

Will *NOT* being able to call 30/100 international countries FREE, mean Orange will pay for the calls?

Will *NOT* being able to call ALL orange mobiles FREE, mean Orange will pay for the calls?

It seems that even though Mr Orange, thinks that the new BrightBox is the answer to the loss they make on the VOIP 2nd line servers, by shipping it to ALL old customers as a default replacement, so maybe they do not notice (until they complain) that the BrightBox is in fact DUMB and cannot support the Legacy 2nd line!

We know we are not the only ones peeved about this matter, as some Mr Orange employees that enjoyed the use of this service as a *bonus* are loosing all use of it as well!

Thoughts anyone???
Standard User kakawak
(newbie) Mon 13-Aug-12 23:09:26
Print Post

Re: [SERVICE ENDING] Orange 2nd Line > Discontinued Sept 210

[re: zippothegreat] [link to this post]

hi

i too am peeved off with this becoming redundant. i renewed my fathers mobile contract with orange just to keep this service going. so when this finishes i'lll be cancelling my fathers mobile contract also even if he's got 8 months to go!

we all use this service for international calling which was bonus for £5 a month but i guess they must have there rights to discontinue it or they would be facing a customer backlash, which i assume they are. anyways i guess its time to look for a similar service elsewhere however, when orange finally discontinue this will "we" get a similar package thats on offer without the second line??? ......probably not!

i would also like to hear what people have to say on this matter and will be keeping my eyes posted on this thread, lets hope people rally together and finally stick 2 fingers up at mr orange. enough is enough for these money grabbing a-holes. this is certainly a bad way to lose more customers from there broadband sector.

regards

mr angry
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Aug-12 23:32:05
Print Post

As this is detrimental change of conditions, you should have been given 30 days notice to cancel contract w/out penalty and migrate elsewhere.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kakawak
(newbie) Tue 14-Aug-12 00:01:11
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
As this is detrimental change of conditions, you should have been given 30 days notice to cancel contract w/out penalty and migrate elsewhere.

does this also include me? i had to renew my dads contract for 18 months just to keep the broadband offer going so does he have the right to cancel his mobile contract? and has there been any offers through retentions regarding this soon to be redundant service.

orange should have an existing offer in place for the customers who have stuck with them since day one. this is a kick in the teeth for us and i for one will not be renewing any services with them if im not offered some sort of deal.

regards

mr angry
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Aug-12 00:22:03
Print Post

[re: kakawak] [link to this post]

I was referring to your rights under BB contract:
12. Changes To The Service(s) Or Terms And Conditions

12.1 We may change any aspect of the Service(s) and/or the terms of your Agreement at any time for any valid reason. Where these changes are material we will notify you by giving you 30 days notice in advance of any such change taking effect.

12.2 You will be deemed to have accepted any change to this Agreement or the Service(s) if you continue to use the Service(s) after the relevant period of notice has expired or fail to give notice to us that you wish to terminate the Agreement before the relevant period of notice has expired.

11.8 You may also terminate the Agreement (by giving notice in accordance with Clause 13.5) if we vary the terms of the Agreement and as a result there is an excessive increase in the Charges or the changes we make significantly alter your rights under the Agreement. In such cases your notice must be given no later than seven days prior to the date upon which the change would have taken effect.
Dunno about your mobile contract. That's a separate contract and you will have to thrash it out with Orange.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User kakawak
(newbie) Sun 19-Aug-12 16:32:58
Print Post

Hi guys I've just fone phoned orange and they confirmed that the 2nd line for existing customers will not discontinue next month. I did ask for them to put a note on the system just incase they decide to cancel by mistake. I will phone again to confirm this as I didnt have confidence with the broadband dept. I will let u know ASAP.

Regards
Standard User kakawak
(newbie) Sun 19-Aug-12 19:21:00
Print Post

Well it looks like the second line is definitely being discontinued. The home telephone representative had to go a double check with level 2 within orange wotever that means. Anyways he said they had not been briefed on what was going to replace this or what offers they had to give for existing long term customers. He said a letter should follow by end of month then for to phone and see what they can do.

What I find strange is that he had to check Wikipedia and level 2 to confirm this. You have to ask the question "what the hell is going on in there?" lack of communication and proper support for this soon to be cancelled service!

Regards

Mr angry
Standard User kakawak
(newbie) Tue 11-Sep-12 23:23:53
Print Post

update on second line cancellation....

ORANGE CUSTOMER SERVICES UK 22 AUGUST 2012 SAID:
Although it's true that we no longer offer the Secondline Service with our new broadband packages, those customers already using the service will be able to continue to do so.
If we can see from your account that you haven't used the service for more than 90 days, then our Head Office will close this for non-use. If you use this on a regular basis, however, your Secondline Service will remain active for as long as you wish to use this.
Standard User Kaytfoh
(newbie) Wed 19-Sep-12 14:04:45
Print Post

Guys, you do realise that current packages with landline seem to offer similiar features as the second line has. Unlimited landline calls, theres a mobile package as well. As far as I know no other provider offers an included internet phone with their broadband so basically make your choice and tell Orange before the 30 days passes and you passively agree for these actions to take place.
  Print Thread

Jump to