User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ioscorpio
(newbie) Wed 22-Aug-12 09:07:39
Print Post

Orange Free Broadband Ending

[link to this post]

Over on www.moneysavingexpert.com forum, people have received an email or letter stating free broadband is ending on 17/10/12, even for those who still have a mobile contract with them.

I have not received a notification myself as yet.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t...

Edited by ioscorpio (Wed 22-Aug-12 10:25:09)

Standard User ogre
(newbie) Tue 18-Sep-12 18:37:43
Print Post

Re: Orange Free Broadband Ending

[re: ioscorpio] [link to this post]

Oh it's real enough - mine was on the mat when I got home from work

The letter states that you must have Orange mobile AND Orange home line rental to qualify for free broadband. I've had a mobile account with them for nearly 6 years now, so I gave them a call. Apparently, the bit about the Orange mobile plan was a 'mistake' but I definitely loose the free broadband if I don't switch my line rental to Orange by November 8th 2012.

When I renewed my mobile contract in February, a specific condition was that I kept the broadband for the duration of the contract. I stressed this a few times and was assured that I would keep it. Apparently this is not the case as stipulated in (you guessed it) the good ol' T&C.

Now I accept that in a perfect world I should have read it and got it explained to me by a solicitor etc.. but like a fool I trusted them. Well never again. I don't care if I pay through the nose for a different supplier, I'm not supporting this company any more - and I hope enough customers follow suit for them to feel it.
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Sep-12 23:46:04
Print Post

[re: ogre] [link to this post]

I get Orange FREE broadband, if you have Orange monthly mobile phone contract, home landline phone and Orange landline rental, they give you £5 discount, which pays for my home broadband, so I get unlimited Orange home broadband for FREE. wink

https://broadband.orange.co.uk/home

My Broadband Speed Test
Orange WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Sep-12 12:11:37
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
I get Orange FREE broadband, if you have Orange monthly mobile phone contract, home landline phone and Orange landline rental, they give you £5 discount, which pays for my home broadband, so I get unlimited Orange home broadband for FREE. wink

https://broadband.orange.co.uk/home
I had another thought on this and realise I still have to pay £5 instead of £10 per month, so I only get 50% of my broadband for FREE frown

I pay £18.50 per month for broadband and off-peak calls and Orange landline rental, for unlimited broadband with inclusive evening and weekend UK landline calls.

I also have the monthly SIM only Dolphin 7 mobile phone contract for £7 per month. smile

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/price-plans/p...

My Broadband Speed Test
Orange WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Wed 19-Sep-12 12:21:51)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Sep-12 13:13:35
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Yeah, that's a standard Orange package, not what the OP was talking about, completely FREE BB ONLY (up to 8 Meg) as long as you had a mobile contract with them, which was offered some time ago to mobile customers.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to