User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User millar_keith
(newbie) Tue 28-Aug-12 16:57:41
Print Post

Problems with Bright Box and LAN connection

[link to this post]

If i've posted this in the wrong forum then hopefully the Mods will move it accordingly

I'm hopping that the more knowledgeable people than me out there could help me out.
The problem is this - I've my LAN cable running from my PC straight into the BB, and in turn this shows up on the BB as to which port number i've plugged the LAN cable into but at the same time my BB and my PC are both running Wifi and my PC is connected to the BB Wifi Network.
However once i disconnect my PC from the BB Wifi Network i immediately go offline, but my LAN cable is still plugged into the BB and showing that its still running ok

What am i doing wrong?

Cheers

Keith
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Aug-12 17:38:11
Print Post

Re: Problems with Bright Box and LAN connection

[re: millar_keith] [link to this post]

It's getting confused/

Either disable the WifI on the router before switching on PC or disable the WifI on the PC before switching on router.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
(newbie) Tue 28-Aug-12 17:52:47
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks for this... i'll need to keep the BB WifI switched on as i've a laptop connected to the Wifi network.
So, how do i switch off Wifi on my PC, and if it helps am running Windows 7

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 28-Aug-12 18:22:59
Print Post

[re: millar_keith] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by millar_keith:
Thanks for this... i'll need to keep the BB WifI switched on as i've a laptop connected to the Wifi network.
So, how do i switch off Wifi on my PC, and if it helps am running Windows 7

Fixed it.... Wifi now OFF but had to enable the LAN network but now up and running

Edited by millar_keith (Tue 28-Aug-12 18:28:13)

Print Thread

Jump to