User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User usmc0602
(newbie) Wed 29-Aug-12 16:05:48
Print Post

BrightBox settings and poor connections

[link to this post]

Hello all, hoping someone can help.

After switching from LiveBox to BrightBox, I am having problems with VOIP, VPN, email and Skype. I have done all the right port forwarding and replicated the settings from LiveBox with no luck. The problem is most obvious on VOIP calls, the distant end can hear me fine but I get missed parts of the conversation like inbound traffic is being disrupted. My workaround is to go into the intrusion detection menu (where I have disabled it) and re-save the settings and then everything is fine for a few hours. That does not seem logical since SPI was disabled anyway but the routers seems to be not recognising the settings.

I imagine I could spend an hour with Orange tech support doing ridiculous tests and not get to someone that could help with this issue. I am grateful for any ideas here.
Standard User bobtylor
(newbie) Thu 30-Aug-12 09:52:06
Print Post

Re: BrightBox settings and poor connections *DELETED*

[re: usmc0602] [link to this post]

Post deleted by billford
Standard User techlad
(newbie) Fri 31-Aug-12 08:18:11
Print Post

Re: BrightBox settings and poor connections

[re: usmc0602] [link to this post]

Hi - what are you using to make your VOIP calls? Also, does the Brightbox System Log display any firewall events when you are having these problems - you can find that under Advanced Setup > System > System Log.

Is there a particular reason why you've disabled Intrusion Detection, or was that something you disabled as a result of problems your having?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to