User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Janthril
(newbie) Sun 02-Sep-12 18:41:12
Print Post

Cannot access fsmail.net email account

[link to this post]

I really hope that someone can help me. My friend has an email account with orange which ends in fsmail.net. He has not been able to access this account for a couple of months. Every access attempt is greeted by the following:-

Your message has not been sent for one of the following reasons:

The service may be temporarily unavailable, so please try again later.
Or, your message may have been blocked because it has similar characteristics to a known virus.
To make sure your computer is not infected and is protected against viruses, we recommend that you install virus protection software such as McAfee VirusScan.

If your computer is clean, please try changing the subject of your email.

I have been in contact with orange. Because it is a fsmail.net account you are not allowed to get telephone support (believe me I have tried) then the only contact is via email. This has resulted in nothing of any help at all lol. the last email said:-

Dear Andy

Thanks for your email.

I'm sorry to learn of your ongoing issues with your fsmail account.
Please accept my apologies for any upset caused.

Your issue has been escalated for further investigation. As soon as we
have an update, we'll be back in touch.

If you've any further queries then please don't hesitate to get in
contact with us again.

Kind Regards
Amanda
Broadband Support
REF:WOOBB

The main problem is that there are some photos in a folder which is also not accessible. There is no part of the account which can be seen, although items can be put into the delete bin.

Please can someone help - this is getting ridiculous - although we do not have orange broadband any more (and haven't had for a number of years) we both have expensive orange phone contracts.

Fingers crossed

Jan
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Sep-12 22:06:53
Print Post

Re: Cannot access fsmail.net email account

[re: Janthril] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Janthril:
He has not been able to access this account for a couple of months.
What do mean by unable to access? Unable to login? Able to login but cannot see anything? ...

Your error message relates to sending an email. Are you doing this from a mail client on your PC, like Outlook, or as webmail? Fsmail a/c's are webmail only.

Later you say nothing can be seen but items can be deleted. What items if you can't see any part of the account?

FSmail is a free webmail only account which are available to anyone not just Orange customers.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Sep-12 23:23:40
Print Post

Your post prompted me to check 2 of my family's rarely-use FSMail a/c's. They no longer exists since they were used months/years ago. I presume Orange cancels them due to non-use.

I now presume your sending error msg is when you tried to send to one of these a/c's from a mail client.

Warning: Never leave your wanted items on the Web. The so-called Cloud is a load of hot air wink

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Janthril
(newbie) Mon 03-Sep-12 17:14:35
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

The account is being accessed on orange.co.uk, and we do not use an email client. The welcome page is accessed and this is seen :-

Inbox : 652 message(s) unread
Number of spam emails received : 4 message(s) in your Inbox
My Contacts 0 message(s) from your contacts :

When you click on the inbox messages or spam emails you get :-

Your message has not been sent for one of the following reasons:

The service may be temporarily unavailable, so please try again later.
Or, your message may have been blocked because it has similar characteristics to a known virus.
To make sure your computer is not infected and is protected against viruses, we recommend that you install virus protection software such as McAfee VirusScan.

If your computer is clean, please try changing the subject of your email.

You can access My Settings but still come back to the same message. I haver tried using different operating systems ie Windows 7, XP, as well as different browsers such as IE9, Chrome and Firefox. It has also been tried on 4 different computers.

I really do not know what to try now, and would be grateful for any other ideas.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Sep-12 19:27:50
Print Post

Looks like Orange no longer offers these FSMail a/c's even tho' they are offered on its website. If you try to apply it says "Your IP address is not allowed to access to fsmail.net registration website" whatever your ISP.

Surprised you friend can even access his a/c as our 2 family members are completely refused.

I would guess Orange has withdrawn FSMail w/out telling anybody.

Edited by XRaySpeX (Mon 03-Sep-12 19:29:14)

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Sep-12 19:49:43
Print Post

fsmail.net still works for me - log-in from the Orange home page - only 5MB of storage though, get regular emails from scan.co.uk (scanshots) sent to that account, had it since wanado dial-up days smile
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Sep-12 20:12:48
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Interesting!

How long since you last used it before? We can't get into either of ours.

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Sep-12 20:25:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Interesting!

How long since you last used it before? We can't get into either of ours.

Open it every day - most recent email was from scan on 31-08-12 which I can still open, haven't sent an email from that account in years.

Maybe it has to be in regular use to remain active?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Sep-12 21:16:07
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Looks like it, tho' our users did access it infrequently before.

Standard User Janthril
(newbie) Mon 03-Sep-12 21:21:41
Print Post

It was used every day until it suddenly stopped. Even Orange don't seem to know what the problem is.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to