User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User glossywhite
(member) Sun 09-Sep-12 20:39:03
Print Post

Unsolicited message from an apparent Orange employee...

[link to this post]

Hi all. I just received a PM from a guy... but I can't tell you what his username is, as I deleted it without dwelling on it any further. He/she requested the serial numbers of all my Bright Boxes, and asked for the serial of the one I use as my everyday router, whether I was sent these or bought them, and then I was promised to be "at the top of the list" for the "new firmware".

I am not saying they were lying, and nor do I care, but I just thought it deserved a little further deliberation before I would even consider giving any information to a total stranger which is, quite frankly, irrelevant and private.

If the person who sent me the message would be so good as to re-send it, and/or get back to me, as I deleted the message in haste, sorry!

PS: One is my own router, a second one a friend gave to me as he already has one, and the third one was sent for a "re-grade" of my Orange ADSL service, and the fourth was sent in error, but Orange said to keep it, as I called them just to make sure - I like my conscience to be totally clear! laugh

Thank you smile

Edited by glossywhite (Sun 09-Sep-12 20:41:20)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Sep-12 20:47:00
Print Post

Re: Unsolicited message from an apparent Orange employee...

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

Just to add that we (thinkbroadband) are not aware of any scheme from Orange relating to this PM. Thus would advise any one receiving it to treat it with scepticism.

If Orange are reading this, then of course they are free to get in touch off of the forums, and we verify the account accordingly.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Sep-12 22:29:47
Print Post

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

Orange's ISP rep here, UKDoc, has requested my BrightBox serial number via PM at my instigation with a view of pre-issuing me with an imminent firmware upgrade to cure the MTU restriction.

I daresay he has also done this with others at their request. I guess he saw that you were very keen on Brightboxes that he directly offered you too, It is pukka!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User glossywhite
(member) Sun 09-Sep-12 22:40:08
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Orange's ISP rep here, UKDoc, has requested my BrightBox serial number via PM at my instigation with a view of pre-issuing me with an imminent firmware upgrade to cure the MTU restriction.

I daresay he has also done this with others at their request. I guess he saw that you were very keen on Brightboxes that he directly offered you too, It is pukka!

Thanks. I'll contact him smile
  Print Thread

Jump to