User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User millar_keith
(newbie) Mon 17-Sep-12 23:13:41
Print Post

Phoneline Only - Which Provider?

[link to this post]

My local exchange should be FTTC enabled at the end of this month, and i will be look into the possiblity of moving away from Orange as they seen not to be offering FTTC in my area, and they don't offer calls only.
However my question is this - if i want to split my phoneline and broadband supplier then which supplier would be best for just the phoneline as i've already got a good idea which ISP i'm going to go with.
I've just look at one providers web site and though the line rental was low, the extras i'd look to have were making the price very unatractive - Anonymous Caller Reject £3.50 per month. Caller Display - £2.50 per month. Choose to refuse - £2.50 per month. I'm use to having this for free - Orange don't charge for these.
I don't really want to go back to TT as i was never happy with them.
So... which phoneline provider should i choose... any ideas?

Cheers

Keith
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 17-Sep-12 23:23:25
Print Post

Re: Phoneline Only - Which Provider?

[re: millar_keith] [link to this post]

If you want to go with FTTC, then you should be aware that a good number of the popular FTTC deals require you to have your phone with the provider too

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 17-Sep-12 23:25:31
Print Post

[re: millar_keith] [link to this post]

BT for phone will allow you to take BB from many ISPs and their prices are reasonable, with generally free Caller ID, VoiceMail.

But this enquiry is nowt to do with Orange; better in General forum.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Sep-12 23:50:10
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
BT for phone will allow you to take BB from many ISPs and their prices are reasonable, with generally free Caller ID, VoiceMail.

The BT answer phone (voice mail) is a pain: it doesn't allow the phone to ring long enough before cutting in. With some important official "withheld" numbers the caller will not speak to the answer phone because he or she first requires confirmation of identity before saying what the call is about and immediately hangs up.

I've missed a few important calls due to that and BT are not able to extend the time before the answer phone cuts in frown
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 17-Sep-12 23:56:47
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

What are the differences between BT Answer 1571 and Call Minder?
BT Answer 1571 is a free service and Call Minder is not. Call Minder is a feature rich network based
service.
Features on Call minder unavailable to BT Answer 1571:
Up to 30 messages can be stored for 30 days. (BT Answer 1571 up to 10 messages can be
stored for 20 days)
It is possible to create a personalised greeting to answer callers
Ring duration can be varied
You can access your mailbox remotely.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Sep-12 00:05:43
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Doesn't that cost a few quid extra? The answer phone (and caller display) comes free with a BT landline contract if one makes a couple of chargeable calls per month...

BTW. I had the BT answer phone last year - it took a few hours to activate but took weeks to de-activate, couldn't do it on-line from the web site and telephone support was a complete waste of space!!!

Edited by 4M2 (Tue 18-Sep-12 00:14:51)

Print Thread

Jump to