User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hairybarsteward
(learned) Fri 21-Sep-12 11:47:15
Print Post

What router?

[link to this post]

Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice here. I am obtaining a refund from Belkin as my router is faulty and the alternate routers that Belkin offered made for worse review reading than the DGN1000 that Orange sent me. I have a PSP that I want to use wirelessly and I want a decent full N class router that has mixed WPA/WPA2 that actually works (PSP would not detect wireless from Belkin router but picked up and connects to my neighbours BT home hub). Has anyone got any good recommendations, should I be asking for a Brightbox or should I consider a router than can have its firmware replaced with DD-WRT/Tomato?
I apologise if this is not in the correct area of the forums but I wanted input from Orange users since I am on the Orange network. (The PSP does not see the wireless from the DGN1000 either but considering how bad the dropouts were and how bad the firmware was written I am not considering going back to using it.)

Live fast, Die ...Auld!!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Sep-12 13:42:14
Print Post

Re: What router?

[re: hairybarsteward] [link to this post]

The Brightbox is pretty good with N wireless. There is quite a lot of discussion on it here in this Forum.

Worth a try to get Orange to send you one in place of the DGN1000.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to