User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(regular) Thu 01-Nov-12 20:03:17
Print Post

Additional email accounts

[link to this post]

It's an odd thing but I just can't find out how to add an email account. OK we know the lead user account name and password but when logged in I can't see where to add another user or for that matter change an existing users password.

Can anyone point me to a web page please that is an idiots guide of the steps to take?

Help from experts would be very much appreciated.
Standard User Zak_
(member) Thu 01-Nov-12 20:36:51
Print Post

Re: Additional email accounts

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

Full details here:

http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/2...

However, it does not seem possible to have each user with their own individual password. It has to be the lead user account password.

An Orange IP address appears to not allow for setting up a free fsmail.net web mail account.
Standard User trolleybus
(regular) Thu 01-Nov-12 20:55:11
Print Post

[re: Zak_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zak_:
Full details here:

Thanks for your response but IMHO the hyperlink given is broken; is there a bit missing to the URL?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zak_
(member) Thu 01-Nov-12 21:23:23
Print Post

Hyperlink works for me; here it is again copied and pasted:

after personal/2

the following numbers missing in original and possibly this response:

35571 i.e should be personal/235571
Standard User trolleybus
(regular) Thu 01-Nov-12 22:53:37
Print Post

Yes there was a bit missing on the reply which when compiled together gives access to the page recommended. For the benefit of others following this thread I have made a tiny URL of http://tinyurl.com/d87ojfn that gets you there.

I had previously seen that page and thought it quite irrelevant!

I think we go about additional email addresses like this where the lead account holders is, say, david.orangehome.co.uk with a password of santa

In the email client we can have an email address of jane@david.orangehome.co.uk and it will have the same password of the lead user which in this example is santa. Is that right?

Perhaps we could have clarification of the POP3 and SMTP server names and the ports used please?.

Now we should be OK with this when connected to the broadband connection at home but what about when you are connected to a network at another geographical location where the ISP is not orange. Any additional configuration steps necessary in the email client?

Help and assistance given is much appreciated.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Nov-12 23:03:24
Print Post

No, there's nowt wrong with the link, for what it's worth.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Nov-12 23:36:28
Print Post

With Orange email addys. there is no separation between users. You can put anything in front of the "@" but they are all stored in the same mailbox on the server.

But there is nothing to stop any of the sharing users reading the other user's emails, by judicious tuning of their mail client's settings. Hence there is no security.

Once upon a time you could get a free Dial-Up a/c with its own email addy which you could use over BB (never the dial-up) as long as you reactivate it every 219 days on the Orange Website. My wife uses 1 of these. I don't think Orange does these anymore.
An Orange IP address appears to not allow for setting up a free fsmail.net web mail account.
Nor is any other IP addy. I asked RobertoS on Plusnet to try it and he got the exact same msg:
Sorry you are not allow to registrer free email account.
The reason is: Your IP address is not allowed to access
to fsmail.net registration website
So it looks like FSMail.net is also no more.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Nov-12 23:49:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
Perhaps we could have clarification of the POP3 and SMTP server names and the ports used please?.
The POP3 & SMTP server names and ports are identical for all users, namely pop.orangehome.co.uk (port 110) & smtp.orangehome.co.uk (port 25). Only the Incoming Mail Server Account Name varies; david.orangehome.co.uk gets all emails or jane@david.orangehome.co.uk gets only Jane's emails.

When you are away from an Orange connection, the Incoming POP3 will still work, but you will need to to change the Outgoing SMTP to that of your current ISP, as is commonplace.

Print Thread

Jump to