User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(regular) Fri 09-Nov-12 13:39:46
Print Post

Connected devices to livebox

[link to this post]

I must be missing something here but I have tried to find the list of wired connected devices to the livebox but am only presented with a list of MAC addresses. Is there a page that shows the IP addresses of connected devices?

I just simply want to get into the GUI of one of the devices to make some changes. I suppose I could start at xx.xx.xx.2 until I hit gold but that could take some time!

Any help would be much appreciated.
Standard User beardedwonder
(learned) Fri 09-Nov-12 15:30:34
Print Post

Re: Connected devices to livebox

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

You could try a program like this: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/netresview.html if you're on windows. There seem to be quite a few freeware programs although I have never tried them
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sat 10-Nov-12 11:09:03
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
I must be missing something here but I have tried to find the list of wired connected devices to the livebox but am only presented with a list of MAC addresses. Is there a page that shows the IP addresses of connected devices?

I just simply want to get into the GUI of one of the devices to make some changes. I suppose I could start at xx.xx.xx.2 until I hit gold but that could take some time!

Any help would be much appreciated.
You can find the network IP addresses with ipconfig /all

http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/windowsnetworkin1...

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/workingwithipaddr...

http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/windowsnetworkin1...

My Broadband Speed Test
EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 10-Nov-12 11:12:30
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

At a guess it is for a device that is not running windows/osx/linux console but a settop box, printer, ipcam or similar

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Sat 10-Nov-12 11:38:11
Print Post

[re: beardedwonder] [link to this post]

I should just point out, the program that I linked to scans an IP range and shows any devices that are active.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 10-Nov-12 12:25:13
Print Post

How about a TV set top box that has no workgroup/domain or concept of network based file sharing?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Sat 10-Nov-12 14:02:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

If the device has an IP, which it will need, then yes. I guess it would have to respond to pings, but what would be the point in having a network connected device that didn't let other devices 'talk' to it!

I haven't got a Windows PC up and running at the moment so can't test this, but I used to use a program called WS Ping Pro on windows. That detected my TV, phones, Slingbox, Wii and all PCs.

On linux you can use 'nmap -sP 192.168.1.0/24' to scan everything on 192.168.1.*

Edited by beardedwonder (Sat 10-Nov-12 14:13:47)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Nov-12 14:37:24
Print Post

Interesting, but doesn't fit the bill frown

Doesn't see my Internet Radio which is on my router's LAN but not visible from my PC, so won't see OP's required devices.

A list of connected devices by IP addy should be present somewhere in router's GUI. It is for all my routers, incl. Orange Seimens, so should be in Livebox but I'm not familiar with that one.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 10-Nov-12 14:50:13
Print Post

As XRaySpecX pointed out did not see a radio, and that is to be expected given how Ethernet switches and things work.

Only the router can really identify all devices on the network (or if you have an old Ethernet hub), or a managed switch (read expensive)

Print Thread

Jump to