User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rian
(member) Mon 19-Nov-12 12:47:14
Print Post

EE broadband, how good is it?

[link to this post]

I am thinking to jump from O2 16Mbps (The works) connection to EE as I got a mobile contract with them.

Could anyone suggest how is their fibre product looks like?

Is it good for gaming?

Comparing to TalkTalk, is it gonna to be better?

Best regards,

TONY
Standard User beardedwonder
(learned) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:00:39
Print Post

Re: EE broadband, how good is it?

[re: rian] [link to this post]

I haven't got fibre, all I will say is the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. So if you switch, I hope you don't have any problems!

Edited by beardedwonder (Mon 19-Nov-12 17:36:32)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Nov-12 16:38:38
Print Post

[re: beardedwonder] [link to this post]

Same here!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Nov-12 12:45:12
Print Post

[re: rian] [link to this post]

I can really say I am very pleased with Orange. I have Orange EE broadband, landline phone and landline rental and mobile phone with them. I moved my landline phone from BT to Orange, the landline phone still has the same caller display and telephone answering service, the only difference I pay Orange. smile

http://broadband.ee.co.uk/home.do

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/price-plans/p...

My Broadband Speed Test
EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User leexgx
(member) Wed 21-Nov-12 19:22:16
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

never really had an problem with Orange on the mobile side, but sure i called Orange up at an customers house (India tech support smile ) but that was some time ago as i do not see to many Orange BB customers

I may end up getting Orange/EE broadband as my 100mb cable connection is not usable for playing games but an 1mb ADSL connection is who would know

other reason for using Orange/EE brodband and phone line i am quite sure its Free to divert your orange/EE phone line to an Orange/EE mobile phone (going to cal them now to check that)

once proper FTTC comes i most likely Dump my VM 100mb connection, i could see Virgin losing loads of customers to BT and SKY due to Not Fixing the VM cabs with overloaded upstream between 4pm and midnight, My BQM link below (as VM just waste money sending techs out to users houses when the problem is at the cab end with not enough upstream capacity's most of the time)

Edited by leexgx (Wed 21-Nov-12 19:27:46)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-Nov-12 01:54:04
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

Your website kaput?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User leexgx
(member) Thu 22-Nov-12 02:15:22
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

no as this site does not allow advertising the New www version of green frog that i am in the process of making an new site (so got an default template at the moment that needs bit of editing) would not make the boss happy on here so the tbb. is the none advertising version

i never changed then www. to tbb. in the sig (forgot) the tbb.greenfrog.biz will point to my very old home page folder on my hosting provider that just is basic page (15 year old phone can view it) in about 15 mins as its basic and has no sales stuff on there (i most likely just start putting useful info on there as well)

and as the site does the odd way with sigs as when you change them in the settings it does not affect your old posts only new ones (mostly annoying for ping monitors i use or other info, so i use redirect sub domain links for that so all my links on here so they work even if the page they pointed to before no longer works, i just change it at my end so it does not brake my old post sigs unless i forget to update it)

Edited by leexgx (Thu 22-Nov-12 02:25:24)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-Nov-12 02:42:13
Print Post

confused

Just don't understand you, but NM it's not important. Just pointing out that the tbb. links in your sig and profile just don't compute.

Standard User leexgx
(member) Thu 22-Nov-12 02:53:39
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

if you update your sig in the settings your old post sigs do not change only new posts do (i may have gone into to much detail in my last post as to get around that issuesmile )

the tbb. link should be working soon, i have made the subdomain, its just 10 mins it says its going to take to apply seems to be more like 1 hour or 2(does not matter it will apply at some point), the other 2 links do work perfectly fine (BQM monitor and mouse)
any way i gave orange an ring (after dealing with an £180 mobile bill that should be £40 Orange should send you an text when you run out of Data or Talk mins and cap it to 2x the plan) any way seems they not be able to do line diverts to Orange numbers that comes out of the 1000 mins that they offer, they just charge 10-20p an min for diverted calls (need to make an new post see what ISP+line offers that option apart from VM)

Edited by leexgx (Thu 22-Nov-12 02:57:50)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-Nov-12 03:02:17
Print Post

I know! I am solely talking about now, not ancient history.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to