User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User grandad63
(newbie) Wed 12-Dec-12 23:08:33
Print Post

brightbox a misnamed product ? or is ee just a bad isp?

[link to this post]

have had a problem with my ee/orange broadband for weeks now the speed is lousy but that is not the most annoying problem that is that which is that it drops out if we make or recieve a telephone call on the land line. ee have supplied a new router(ee branded) no improvment and Bt openreach have been out and confirm the line is ok
i am 0.6 mile from the exchange
my stats are below
EE tech support say my line is capped because i keep rebooting the router I reboot to get some service (catch 69) my best is 12 times in 4 hours

Status
Configured Current
Line Status --- SHOWTIME
Link Type --- Interleaved Path
Operation Mode Automatic G992.1(G.DMT)
Data Rate Information
Stream Type Actual Data Rate
Upstream 448 (Kbps.)
Downstream 2208 (Kbps.)
Defect/Failure Indication
Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 19.0 dB 13.1 dB
Line Attenuation 22.0 dB 34.0 dB
Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator
Output Power 11.9 dBm 17.8 dBm
Fast Path FEC Correction NA NA
Interleaved Path FEC Correction 24003 55
Fast Path CRC Error NA NA
Interleaved Path CRC Error 138 126
Standard User Mike_Williams
(committed) Thu 13-Dec-12 00:08:41
Print Post

Re: brightbox a misnamed product ? or is ee just a bad isp?

[re: grandad63] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by grandad63:
have had a problem with my ee/orange broadband for weeks now the speed is lousy but that is not the most annoying problem that is that which is that it drops out if we make or recieve a telephone call on the land line. ee have supplied a new router(ee branded) no improvment and Bt openreach have been out and confirm the line is ok
Are you sure that all your phones are filtered correctly, as this is the most common cause of drop outs when making or receiving a phone call.

Do NOT assume the BT engineer has checked the filters as their responsibility STOPS at the master socket.

Regards
Mike Williams

Info :-
Line: Length 250 metres
Modem router: Buffalo wbmr-hp-g300h + LinkSys wg54g both running dd-wrt firmware
IP Profile = Down 19418 kbps Up 1019 kbps

2012: Orange WBC 20Mbps Down: 22010 kbps Up: 1019 kbps
2003: Demon ADSLMax 8Mbps Down: 8128 kbps Up: 448 kbps
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Dec-12 11:33:20
Print Post

Have you tried connecting the router into the BT NTE5 test sock to see if the broadband connection drops then?
It does look like a problem at your end of the line after the NTE5 master socket.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm

Remove the bell wire connection number 3, only connections 2 and 5 are required now, connection number 3 is for the old electro-mechanical telephone bell, which is now not required and it can cause interference to your ADSL broadband.

http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/wiring_info.htm

http://www.wppltd.demon.co.uk/WPP/Wiring/UK_telephon...

http://www.rob-r.co.uk/other/UKphonecatwiring.htm

My Broadband Speed Test
EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User leexgx
(member) Thu 13-Dec-12 12:11:41
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
Remove the bell wire connection number 3, only connections 2 and 5 are required now, connection number 3 is for the old electro-mechanical telephone bell, which is now not required and it can cause interference to your ADSL broadband.

its likely they would of done that they norm do check the internal lines that run off the main phone point if there are any (well they do in Warrington any way)
-----------

do you have any other phone sockets in the house

are you getting any noise on the line, (does picking up the phone kill the broadband and drop the speed)

SKY TV box Must have an ADSL filtter as well (if you have one or just unplug it)

when you have the router plugged into the test socket are All the phone points in the house dead, if not then your master socket is not really an master socket (the line is Split from where it comes into the house somewhere) you may have an faulty extension in the house

Orange/sky normally Lock the line profile to the most Stable speed that the modem locks onto (so if its 2.2mb locked but you can get 12-15mb normally they lock the speed from the exchange to 2.2mb until you call them to reset it)

--edit--
small fail at reading
but that is not the most annoying problem that is that which is that it drops out if we make or receive a telephone call on the land line

that really does sound like you got an issue in house (missing filters on sky/fax/phone or double stacking ADSL filters or faulty ADSL filter or bad phone wiring in house)

need more feed back on how the wireing is setup in the house All and any devices that are plugged into the phone line

Edited by leexgx (Thu 13-Dec-12 12:21:13)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Dec-12 13:52:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by grandad63:
the most annoying problem that is that which is that it drops out if we make or receive a telephone call on the land line.
More likely to be High Resistance Fault; external to you.

Your sync speed is low; should be over 7 Meg.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User grandad63
(newbie) Thu 13-Dec-12 17:44:39
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks for all the info guys I am certain that only things connected are the router and a panasonic cordless base station this is direct to test socket ie under the cover, all socketsin the house are now defunct there is not even any extension cables my sats today have inproved as per
If it is external to the house how do you get anny action and orange bt to fix the problems ?
Line Status --- SHOWTIME
Link Type --- Interleaved Path
Operation Mode Automatic G992.1(G.DMT)
Data Rate Information
Stream Type Actual Data Rate
Upstream 448 (Kbps.)
Downstream 3776 (Kbps.)
Defect/Failure Indication
Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 22.0 dB 6.1 dB
Line Attenuation 22.0 dB 33.5 dB
Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator
Output Power 11.9 dBm 19.0 dBm
Fast Path FEC Correction NA NA
Interleaved Path FEC Correction 260813 1
Fast Path CRC Error NA NA
Interleaved Path CRC Error 35 0
Loss of Signal Defect 11 0
Fast Path HEC Error STR NA NA
Interleaved Path HEC Error 94 0
Error Seconds 3574 0
Statistics
Received Cells 124383
Transmitted Cells 56468
Standard User leexgx
(member) Thu 13-Dec-12 20:34:58
Print Post

just making sure One ADSL filter is in the test socket first then the phone and router is Plugged into that (no other splitters) are all the sockets in the house Dead (there should be no dial tone

if there is No wires going to to the master plate that you had taken off, it makes 0 difference if the plate is on or not, as there is no extension connected to it

you have tryed other ADSL filters as well

the ADSL lock speed for upload is still locked profile at 448, when the router is rebooted does the download speed stay at 3776 (but your noise margin is at the recommended 6dB so something has changed it)

if you use the phone (dial 150 or something) and Check the Noise margins on the router do they drop down to 2-9 dB (as your downstream is now at 6.1 so are you sure you do not have any thing plugged in like House alarm)

with out doing an call out (i am in Warrington) or at least talking to you bit harder to work out doing it on here, more guessing as it could be something simple
i gladly take an phone call if you wish to give me an ring see what i can do, as it could take long time to get it resolved if its an intermittent issue like this + orange locking the speeds to lower setting after an bit (or move to Plusnet as i think they do one month contracts, to get to tech support that may help better, once the issue is fixed you could move back to orange to get the cheaper deal)

you should be getting more like 5-7mb on that line (the higher number should be likely)

Edited by leexgx (Thu 13-Dec-12 20:39:17)

Standard User flippery
(member) Thu 13-Dec-12 22:08:05
Print Post

if you remove phone base connection to filter. Then ring your number from mobile does broadband still cut out.
If not try using 2 filters in series. ie plug second filter to TN outlet of first filter. Plug broadband cable to first filter and Telephone to second filter.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Dec-12 22:21:45
Print Post

Have you tried the BT Quiet Line Test (17070 Opt 2) from a corded phone plugged directly in test socket ; NO router?

Any noise, report to line provider as a voice fault only.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to