User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User musicmate
(learned) Wed 19-Dec-12 13:27:00
Print Post

Fibre Broadband

[link to this post]

I have noticed that there seems to be a distinct lack of people posting anything about EE/Orange's Fibre Broadband offerings, are people just not taking it up ? or does it work so well that nobody that has signed up already has anything to complain about, I can't see me getting it even though it is now available at my exchange due the increased cost involved to what I pay atm for my broadband & phone package I just wondered what other peoples thoughts are on this ?

Orange Broadband & Anytime Calls.
Sync 15816 Kbps Downstream, 1224 Kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange Firmware V2.1.00.44_RG
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Dec-12 22:32:22
Print Post

Re: Fibre Broadband

[re: musicmate] [link to this post]

I think I've only seen 1 EE Fibre here: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/multiuser/f/4190664... . It's early days yet!

I've no interest in upgrading cuz 1) I already get 20 Meg ADSL2+, 2) cost, 3) I wouldn't let EE touch my voice line with a bargepole.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User keithwjones
(member) Thu 20-Dec-12 12:56:16
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
I've no interest in upgrading cuz 1) I already get 20 Meg ADSL2+, 2) cost, 3) I wouldn't let EE touch my voice line with a bargepole.

I'm still on up to 8 with a speed of 6 but my line is still with BT. EE ring up quite often trying to get the line. Fibre should be here within weeks so will have to think again then.

Keith

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User musicmate
(learned) Thu 20-Dec-12 14:12:13
Print Post

[re: keithwjones] [link to this post]

surely the price will have to come down at some point that is if BT want mass take up of Fibre Broadband as I just cant see the majority of people wanting to spend close to £40 a month for it with EE/Orange or anyone else in today's economic conditions I see this is what the Plusnet site is quoting me for upto 76 meg Fibre
Monthly payment
Unlimited Fibre Broadband£19.99
Promotional discount (for 6 months)- £10.00
Plusnet Protect powered by McAfee Included
Line rental£13.99
Talk Anytime £4.00
Voicemail (1571)Included
Monthly total £27.98
for the first 6 months
now if that was the price full stop then I would sign up in a flash & I am sure so would a lot of people apart from maybe Ray smile lol sorry mate.

Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange Firmware V2.1.00.44_RG
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Dec-12 22:48:10
Print Post

[re: keithwjones] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by keithwjones:

I'm still on up to 8 with a speed of 6 but my line is still with BT. EE ring up quite often trying to get the line. Fibre should be here within weeks so will have to think again then.

Keith
Hi Keith, I was with BT for home phone and I'm now with EE Orange for landline rental and landline home phone with free evenings and weekend calls. Orange do not touch your phone line it stays with BT and you still get the same BT caller answering service and caller display. You just pay Orange and not BT.

My Broadband Speed Test
EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Dec-12 01:00:35
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
Orange do not touch your phone line
They do in the sense that they would be responsible for sorting out any faults on it. (Don't talk about BT OR, they are not your contractor). With all the experience of Orange BB Support, can you imagine that their Voice support will be any better? While BT Retail's is excellent.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Dec-12 01:14:38
Print Post

[re: musicmate] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by musicmate:
apart from maybe Ray smile lol sorry mate.
I'd have no qualms for taking PN Unlimited 76 Meg Fibre Broadband Only @ £19.99 pm.

It's 67% the price of EE's equivalent which includes E & W/e calls which I can get from BT for nowt anyway.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Dec-12 10:19:50
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Orange do not touch your phone line
They do in the sense that they would be responsible for sorting out any faults on it. (Don't talk about BT OR, they are not your contractor). With all the experience of Orange BB Support, can you imagine that their Voice support will be any better? While BT Retail's is excellent.
If there was a telephone line fault it would passed to BT to rectify, I cannot see your problem, you must think you are still on the Orange LLU network where Orange were more involved with the network. Donít forget Orange have passed the running of the network over to BT. So itís just like being with BT but you pay EE Orange. wink

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadband/357307/orange-...

One reason I would not have BT broadband is you cannot use Microsoft Outlook Express unless you use something like Google Gmail, mostly BT broadband customers use Yahoo Mail. frown

https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?&.src=ym&.intl=uk

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mai...

My Broadband Speed Test
EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Dec-12 11:28:48
Print Post

One reason I would not have BT broadband is you cannot use Microsoft Outlook Express unless you use something like Google Gmail, mostly BT broadband customers use Yahoo Mail. frown

According to this page, BT Yahoo email supports POP3: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6876/...

Oliver.
Standard User musicmate
(learned) Fri 21-Dec-12 11:42:48
Print Post

well all i can go by with the home phone is my personal experience, I have had the anytime calls package with my orange broadband for the last 2-3 years & touch wood have never had any problems with it, a couple of weeks back I had my Neighbors all Talk Talk Customers knocking on the door asking if my phone & broadband was working ok which it was, theirs was cut off all that day but I had no issues at all, so no complaints here on that score.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to