User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cikoleko
(newbie) Mon 31-Dec-12 02:13:56
Print Post

<< SHARE results >>

[link to this post]

Hello, everyone who owns EE fibre optic broadband and lives in London can you please post your speedtest.net results and package you are on?

I 'm thinking on changing to this network so it would be good that you write is it stable and always online as well smile Thanks
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 31-Dec-12 08:42:04
Print Post

Re: << SHARE results >>

[re: cikoleko] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cikoleko:
post your speedtest.net results
Pointless! Everyone is different. & what is particular about London?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Dec-12 15:02:46
Print Post

Re: << SHARE Fibre Broadband results >>

Hello, everyone who owns EE fibre optic broadband and lives in London can you please post your speedtest.net results and package you are on?

I 'm thinking on changing to this network so it would be good that you write is it stable and always online as well smile Thanks
My EE Orange ADSL2+ unlimited broadband is rock solid with no dropouts on my connection. Can’t see why the Fibre Optics broadband should not be the same, it's all provided by BT for EE and your phone landline. I wish it was not so expensive being three times the price of ADSL2+.

If you have Orange mobile phone contract you get £5 discount reduction off the price of your broadband…

Making ADSL2+ unlimited broadband only £5 per month. smile
+ Phone landline rental £14 + £5 = £19 per month.

And Fibre Optics broadband UP TO 38Mb/sec speed with 40GB usage allowance £15 per month. frown
+ Phone landline rental £14 + £15 = £29 per month.

https://broadband.ee.co.uk/home.do

Come on BT lower the price and you will get more customers. smile

My Broadband Speed Test
EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Mon 31-Dec-12 15:33:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cikoleko
(newbie) Tue 01-Jan-13 19:07:06
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I live in London so if there anyone who lives in my area they suppose to have similar speeds isn't it? So no speedtest.net results of fibre optic?.. Also I wanted to ask is there any kind of traffic management for example when downloading torrents? Because when I had BT they used to slow my speeds for p2p programs to 20kb/s which is just stupid...
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Jan-13 21:00:12
Print Post

I live in London so if there anyone who lives in my area they suppose to have similar speeds isn't it? So no speedtest.net results of fibre optic?.. Also I wanted to ask is there any kind of traffic management for example when downloading torrents? Because when I had BT they used to slow my speeds for p2p programs to 20kb/s which is just stupid...
BitTorrents use on EE Orange network, this thread should explain all. frown

My Broadband Speed Test
EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Jan-13 00:00:22
Print Post

I live in London so if there anyone who lives in my area they suppose to have similar speeds isn't it?
Not unless they are all your neighbours. If they live 2 miles away but on same exchange they will have vastly diff speeds. Basically you will get similar speeds from Orange as from any other fibre provider. Thus others' speedtest results are irrelevant to you unless they live in your backyard.

Orange does slow P2P during peak: see http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/com.instranet.Inst...

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to