User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User akawtu
(newbie) Sat 05-Jan-13 18:04:56
Print Post

Half price unlimited broadband: £2.50/month for a whole year

[link to this post]

Does anyone know how EE are able to provide this incredible deal?

The line rental is £14 per month so the phone line and the unlimited broadband is a total of £16.50 per month which works out to be £198 per year.

My BT bill for line rental and unlimited broadband is £528 per year and I've recently been informed by BT that my monthly cost is going up soon!

HAHA what a joke BT are playing on me?

Does anyone know the actual details of how it is possible for EE to be able to give everyone such an incredible deal?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Jan-13 20:07:47
Print Post

Re: Half price unlimited broadband: £2.50/month for a whole

[re: akawtu] [link to this post]

It's a "Come on!" for new signings. A loss leader. They make their money from the calls package and the expectation that most will stay on after the min. term.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Jan-13 21:09:47
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

This would explain some of the rip off pricing on 4G, loss leading land line services to cover! smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User akawtu
(newbie) Sat 05-Jan-13 21:27:43
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Surely it's not going to be that much of a loss though?

My unlimited broadband from BT (excluding the line rental) is £29.40 which is just stupid when compared to the £2.50 for the same package from EE.

I'm WBC unlimited with BT and if I switch to EE it's also WBC unlimited. I don't know about peering/routing but it's unlikely to be much different?

BT WBC unlimited appears to be insanely expensive yet EE is crazy cheap. So now I am wondering what is a reasonable cost for WBC unlimited. For example, if I was selling you a computer part I might charge cost price + 15% which is a reasonable thing to do, so what is the reasonable cost of WBC unlimited?

Can we find out?
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Jan-13 17:32:12
Print Post

£30 a month is insanely expensive? what are you living on paperound money?

and yes £2.50 a month is a significant loss leader. The wholesale costs will be way above that.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User akawtu
(learned) Sun 06-Jan-13 19:07:18
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

XRay is proven correct again! frown

Here we go explaining myself hopefully adequately.

I don't mean it's insanely expensive to my wallet. I don't mind paying whatever it costs for my broadband.

What I mean is it's insanely expensive COMPARED to EE for the same Unlimited WBC package! Exact same broadband but MASSIVE difference in price relatively speaking!

BT is playing a joke on all us users who are paying almost £30 for something that appears to be much more expensive than it should be!

I only know about this because I have a 15 dB noise margin which led me to TBB and I am a T-Mobile mobile customer so EE sent me a letter explaining the £2.50 offer!!!

Please don't see it as me being cheap, I can afford whatever it costs for broadband but I know there are many who aren't so fortunate.

I have no problem paying BT however what I don't appreciate is a company who has decided to RIP OFF IT'S CUSTOMERS by overcharging instead of telling their customers the price of broadband has significantly reduced!

BT are quick to tell us when the price has increased but they stay silent when the price has reduced!!! Maybe it's legal but morally it's despicable and we MUST stand up and be counted when we learn of such a despicable act!

It's even more of a joke as soon BT are actually increasing my Unlimited WBC and anytime calls package from £29.40 to £31.x (don't remember the exact number I was told) and yet they offered me a deal to stay with them for 12 months at £13.75 for the same package because I intended to move to another supplier. As far as I am concerned it's like they will be STEALING £31.x from my bank account soon!

Sorry I am doing the CAPS because it really does anger me when I think about how BT are ripping off their customers! I CAN afford it! I am not ANGRY for myself I am ANGRY because I know there are many other customers out there who aren't so fortunate as myself and they WON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT ANY OF THIS. They allow BT to take their money without knowing how much they are being ripped off! I know this is fact because they have been doing it to me! I am NOT making any of this up!

One of the BT cancellation guys tried to convince me to stay by saying BT have a 55% market share and it's increasing every month so stay with the best!

How many of those millions of customers are BT ripping off by overcharging???
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jan-13 00:04:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by akawtu:
BT are quick to tell us when the price has increased but they stay silent when the price has reduced!!!
This is not unique to BT; most ISPs do not auto reduce prices to existing customers. Nor is it unique to telecoms industry; energy, insurance, banking do it as well.

The onus is on the consumer to keep an eye on prices, shop around and take their custom elsewhere when necessary.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jan-13 04:41:22
Print Post

as said in your duplicated thread, its not exact same broadband, corners have likely been cut to reach that pricepoint. Plus its a loss leader.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User akawtu
(learned) Mon 07-Jan-13 05:08:19
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I have no doubt that the majority of customers are like me and we don't know how it all works internally and neither do we have to because as far as we are concerned we trust the company supplying us to provide a reasonable service.

I asked EE if the Unlimited WBC broadband will be the same as my current BT Unlimited WBC broadband and I was told it will be. I even asked BT cancellations about it and they agreed it would be the same. The BT cancellations person I spoke to the first time even appeared to be remorseful that BT are charging me £29.40 when EE are offering the same Unlimited WBC broadband for only £2.50. It's like she knew I was being ripped of by BT and felt sorry for me but hey it seems like that is how the company is run and long may it continue could be the internal company motto???

Why should it matter to me that allegedly corners have been cut to reach a pricepoint or that it is allegedly a loss leader? It sounds like FUD to me!
Standard User akawtu
(learned) Mon 07-Jan-13 05:52:32
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In reply to a post by akawtu:
BT are quick to tell us when the price has increased but they stay silent when the price has reduced!!!
This is not unique to BT; most ISPs do not auto reduce prices to existing customers. Nor is it unique to telecoms industry; energy, insurance, banking do it as well.

I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT SUCH DESPICABLE MORAL IGNORANCE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE FOR MUCH LONGER!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to