User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User falko89
(newbie) Sun 13-Jan-13 13:08:15
Print Post

Any had issues with the Brightbox?

[link to this post]

My previous thread mentioned awful speeds I get with it, I wonder if anyone else had issues with it? Orange promote it as the best thing since sliced bread, in my experience its anything but
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Jan-13 21:50:12
Print Post

Re: Any had issues with the Brightbox?

[re: falko89] [link to this post]

As I told you earlier, I find the BrightBox v. good.

EDIT: If you are having trouble with it, perhaps it is faulty. Ask them to replace it and use Siemens in the meantime if it is so much better.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sun 13-Jan-13 21:53:05)

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Jan-13 22:54:31
Print Post

Re: Anyone had issues with the Brightbox?

In reply to a post by falko89:
My previous thread mentioned awful speeds I get with it, I wonder if anyone else had issues with it? Orange promote it as the best thing since sliced bread, in my experience its anything but
I would think your problem will not be due to the routerís performance.

My experience with the EE Orange Bright box wireless router is only praise, Iíve had no problems with it whatsoever. I am impressed that an ISP can produce such a well thought out router and with the latest firmware, it now has just about everything required. smile

For accurate broadband speed test ratings, I would only use the BT speed tests, the thinkbroadband speed tests and ping plotter.

The New BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test http://www.speedtester.bt.com/

Thinkbroadband Speed Test http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html?utm_sou...

Ping Plotter http://www.pingplotter.com/

-----------------------------------------
I note your small Ballyronan exchange does not have 21CN WBC. Your speed problem will be due to exchange congestion, unless you are using BitTorrents which EE Orange slow down to a speed lower then dialup.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NIBRN

Have your router set for ADSL Mode: Automatic
Broadband Settings MTU (576~1500): 1500

My Broadband Speed Test
EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Jan-13 23:11:06
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
I would think your problem will not be due to the routerís performance.
OP states that issue goes away with Siemens router.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User y9rog
(newbie) Tue 15-Jan-13 12:55:29
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I would state the performance of the Brightbox is excellent having used it on both ADSL and FTTC connections.

The Brightbox hardware is fairly potent so the excellent performance is understandable.
ISP Representative UKDoc
(isp) Tue 15-Jan-13 14:58:26
Print Post

Hi falko89,

What are the issues you are experiencing , synch speed, throughput, wireless or ethernet speeds ? I would recommend a reboot and a factory reset which can be found in the advanced section of the router.

If you call the service team, they will swap out the Brightbox if it's found faulty.

Gavin
EE Broadband

'Here to help'
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User BBinKent
(newbie) Fri 18-Jan-13 11:20:17
Print Post

[re: UKDoc] [link to this post]

Just installed the Bright Box and disconnected the old LiveBox. Have to say it was the EASIEST installation ever: plug it in, wait a minute, tell the PC (and then the tablet and smartphone and laptop) to connect to the new connection. That's it. It seems to be faster, though haven't checked it. The real issue for me is whether I can get the connection from the back bedroom. I never could do that with the LiveBox, but now it works a treat. Finally can use my tablet and smartphone in the bedroom!
ISP Representative UKDoc
(isp) Fri 18-Jan-13 11:24:50
Print Post

[re: BBinKent] [link to this post]

Good to hear.

Regards

Gavin
EE Broadband

'Here to help'

Edited by UKDoc (Fri 18-Jan-13 11:25:21)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User trolleybus
(regular) Sat 26-Jan-13 23:30:42
Print Post

[re: BBinKent] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BBinKent:
Just installed the Bright Box and disconnected the old LiveBox. Have to say it was the EASIEST installation ever: plug it in, wait a minute, tell the PC (and then the tablet and smartphone and laptop) to connect to the new connection. That's it. It seems to be faster, though haven't checked it. The real issue for me is whether I can get the connection from the back bedroom. I never could do that with the LiveBox, but now it works a treat. Finally can use my tablet and smartphone in the bedroom!

Bright Box to hand and will install mine over the next few days but meanwhile continuing to use the Live Box. When the Bright Box is installed, will the SMTP settings change, or have they already, as I no longer get a response from the SMTP Server?

Current settings are:
smtp.orangehome.co.uk
Outgoing authentication with user name and password
smtp port 25 with no encryption

Using my own domain name, therefor POP3 settings relate to that service.

Previously all OK but not now. Any thoughts anyone please?

Pretty poor show that you unilaterally loose your second line especially with the Mrs one the phone a lot!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Jan-13 02:12:59
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

Routers have absolutely nowt to do with email settings.

You have settings right. You don't need Outgoing authentication ON.
You can also use smtp.freeserve.net or smtp.freeserve.co.uk and probably some Wanadoo ones as well.

Perhaps the SMTP server was down for a while; that happens.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to