User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User heaven
(newbie) Fri 01-Feb-13 18:13:55
Print Post

EE | Orange || No support ?

[link to this post]

So I took the plunge and migrated away from BeThere to Orange.

I think this has been a massive mistake. the main reason for doing this, is because my cab is due to be upgraded to FTTC by June this year, and I wanted an easy upgrade path when this becomes available to order.

My line went live on Wed - and I was achieving around 3mb. The line dropped in the evening, and is now stuck on a banded 280kb profile.

45 mins on the phone to tech support in India, they dont have a clue what they are talking about. Wouldn't even run a diagnostic on the line because its within the first 10 days. I asked what would they do if I was calling saying I had no connection at all, and was told that it would be the same, they cant do anything until the first 10 days had passed.

This is awful support. I've now been told that apparently there is a potential fault on the line, after complaining and speaking to the 2nd line guys in the UK - but the earliest appointment available is for Friday 8th Feb.

I sent an email to complain to the complaints email address on the Orange website and got the following back :

Please accept our apologies, we are in the process of improving our e-mail service, and cannot deal with your e-mail enquiry at this time.

Not a good start, and am thinking this was a big mistake.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Feb-13 18:48:11
Print Post

Re: EE | Orange || No support ?

[re: heaven] [link to this post]

Please post your router stats and "Further Diagnostics" (text only) from: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
In reply to a post by heaven:
I sent an email to complain to the complaints email address on the Orange website
There is no email addy for BB users; only for mobile users. Use the Contact Us email online form.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User heaven
(newbie) Fri 01-Feb-13 19:15:39
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 283 kbps 440 kbps
Line Attenuation 58.0 db 32.9 db
Noise Margin 7.0 db 19.4 db

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.25 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.1 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 0.25 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.31Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

*Edit : I used the contact us form, 2 days ago, no response.

Edited by heaven (Fri 01-Feb-13 19:16:53)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Feb-13 19:50:21
Print Post

What Sync were you getting with Be? Are the NM & Attn. similar?

You should be getting about 3 Meg.

Do you know what ADSL Mode that is? Have you tried forcing G.DMT? Did they not give you a Brightbox?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User heaven
(newbie) Fri 01-Feb-13 19:53:30
Print Post

was getting around 3.5mb with BeThere, but you always get slightly higher on LLU.

I would expect ( like I did when the line went live to get 3mb which it did, and was stable for around 6hrs )

Its on ADSL2+ Forcing G.DMT gives the same, like I said, its on a banded profile. Modulation isnt going to change the profile its picking up.

Brightbox is [censored]. Gives exactly the same stats - its not a router fault.

Edit : No the upstream SNR is totally different, was usually a solid 6db on both up and downstream sides of the line. Since the line dropped and came back up on this banded profile, the upstream floats around 17 - 20db - downstream stays around 6 - 8db

Edited by heaven (Fri 01-Feb-13 20:00:11)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Feb-13 20:16:25
Print Post

you always get slightly higher on LLU.
Not necessarily! WBC is capable of running with Target NM of 3 dB on good lines.

Yes, you are banded both Down & Up. High Up NM is damping speed from either 1.2 Meg Fast Path or 888K Interleaved. Surprised Down NM isn't much higher. Only Orange/BTw can fix it.

Standard User heaven
(newbie) Fri 01-Feb-13 21:18:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
you always get slightly higher on LLU.
Not necessarily! WBC is capable of running with Target NM of 3 dB on good lines.

Yes, you are banded both Down & Up. High Up NM is damping speed from either 1.2 Meg Fast Path or 888K Interleaved. Surprised Down NM isn't much higher. Only Orange/BTw can fix it.

90% of the time, you will get better speeds with LLU.
WBC is capable of 3db profiles yes, but so is LLU, and to be honest, like Be - you can change this within seconds online, I forgot about DLM, and profile changes, and things taking days to action after being requested coming back onto 'BT'

I know its banded, I said that in my first post.

and yes, only Orange/BTW can fix, which is why im annoyed. Their support is useless, and basically waiting a week for an engineers appointment, who is going to turn up - and as soon as he can see its a profile issue, it will just be the Openreach engineer, on the phone to BT Wholesale, to unband the profile. It's madness and its so backwards.
Standard User savamac
(member) Sun 03-Feb-13 10:11:54
Print Post

Only one answer to your problem - move to a quality ISP.

I was with Orange once upon a time - awful support.

Try Zen - I've been very happy with them. The one occasion I had a problem with the service, I contacted their support number, got straight thru to a techy, problem quickly resolved.

Worcester Park Exchange http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LSWOR

It's only rock 'n' roll...

Old programmers never die, they just abend 0C4 ..
  Print Thread

Jump to