User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User astateoftrance
(learned) Sat 02-Mar-13 12:02:02
Print Post

Switching ISP/Billing

[link to this post]

Just got a question about switching ISP and billing before I call Orange...I recently switched from Orange to Plusnet, my internet went active on 7th Feb and my telephone on 21st Feb. Should I be billed a reduced amount for that month ? because Orange have debited the full amount on the 1st of March.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 02-Mar-13 12:24:19
Print Post

Re: Switching ISP/Billing

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Depends when did you give Orange notice and/or request the MAC?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
(learned) Sat 02-Mar-13 12:36:21
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I think I requested the MAC code on Jan 28th which is the day I signed up to Plusnet, I received the MAC code by email on Jan 30th. I could find out for sure if I can still access the phone call records. Also I will have to check but arenít the monthly payments also in advance?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 02-Mar-13 12:54:59
Print Post

Well Orange require 30 days notice of termination. Assuming your MAC request was taken as notice, they can bill you up to Feb 27. So about right.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
(learned) Sat 02-Mar-13 16:34:32
Print Post

Ok thanks, so they are in their right to charge the full amount even though my internet was only active for less than 1 week that month. Means I am paying double for February.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 02-Mar-13 20:51:44
Print Post

Many pay for an overlap frown. Requires too much fine tuning to migrate on day notice ends. It's a fact of life.

(learned) Sun 03-Mar-13 10:14:29
Print Post

Ok, yeah just one of those things. thanks anyway saved me having to phone them smile
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Mar-13 12:13:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by astateoftrance:
Just got a question about switching ISP and billing before I call Orange...I recently switched from Orange to Plusnet, my internet went active on 7th Feb and my telephone on 21st Feb. Should I be billed a reduced amount for that month ? because Orange have debited the full amount on the 1st of March.
They charge you by the month not by the day, so you will pay for the full month. Did you give Orange the 30 days notice required?

2. Minimum Term. You will have to agree to stay with Us for a minimum period of time which We call the Minimum Term. This Minimum Term will be agreed with You and You will have to pay a regular monthly charge for this which We call the Monthly Charge. You can find details of Your Monthly Charge, Charges for Additional Services and all other Charges in Our Price guide which can be found on Our website.

5. Ending the Agreement. You can phone Us and give 30 days notice to end the Agreement with effect from the end of (or after) the Minimum Term. You may have to pay a charge for ending the Agreement early which We call the Cancellation Charge. The Cancellation Charge is the total of the Monthly Charges for the remainder of the Minimum Term, less any discount You are entitled to (See points 9.1 and 9.3 of the terms and conditions.)

http://web.orange.co.uk/documents/ice/termsandcondit...

http://web.orange.co.uk/p/home/internet_terms_of_use

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 13181 kbps Downstream, 1264 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Sun 03-Mar-13 12:26:27)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Mar-13 18:25:05
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
They charge you by the month not by the day, so you will pay for the full month.
But you'll get a rebate if your 30 days notice ends during the billing month.

(regular) Thu 04-Apr-13 19:59:48
Print Post

Update - Orange have debited £24 back to my account. So they must have calculated it on a daily basis not monthly. Kudos to Orange smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to